Mazda 6 Forums banner

181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
For the previous post where the pics didnt upload.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Also had to replace the battery. The PO has a regular lead acid battery and I guess the ieloop didnt like that much. 50k miles later.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Also got the isolater installed on the 444c's. Between this and sound deadening, these should hopefully go unnoticed in the cabin when they are running.

I also received the $10 dampening knob for the D2's.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Here you go: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/323697414837.

I like them and they are functional as you can still see clearly out that back window. My son likes them bc it keeps the sun out of his eyes. I get compliments on them when people realize they are there. They are quite sleek.

Thanks a lot! Looking up for the keywords, it's unfortunate that our local sellers doesn't have one for the Mazda 6. All they have are Mazda 3 / Axela, mustangs, Civic, and others.

I guess I'm stuck with this seller. Thanks again

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
111,111. Purchased April 2018 with 53k.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
I got a lot of my fittings in for the tank, leader lines, etc, so now to configure the tank setup and get everything ready for a install.

I plan to have it all installed by the end of Oct.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Some daddy daughter time.

I should be able to install the harnesses, get the tank mounted, compressors mounted wired, manifold mounted and front air lines ran this weekend.

Next weekend, I plan to get the bags installed, and run the rear lines.

I also need to order rear bags, probably air lift, bc there is cracking in one and I dont want to take any chances. The front bags look perfect.

Then maybe cars and coffee in Cary NC on the 29th.

·
Registered
658 Posts

I thought your daughter is old enough to handle those tools! 😀

Great way to introduce the kids at a young age and I envy you for having that opportunity. My kids are 24 and 21 right now.

Suddenly I'm feeling lonely, I miss my kids at that age...

·
Registered
489 Posts

I should be able to install the harnesses, get the tank mounted, compressors mounted wired, manifold mounted and front air lines ran this weekend.

Next weekend, I plan to get the bags installed, and run the rear lines.

I also need to order rear bags, probably air lift, bc there is cracking in one and I dont want to take any chances. The front bags look perfect.

I'm with you on not trusting that bag. While it may work for a little bit, that crack could end up bad. It's like the old Cadillac and Lincoln air bags they had in the rears back in the day. Once they started cracking it was only a matter of time before the entire ass ends were dropped. I wonder if there is something that you can put on them to give a little bit of moisture back into them like tire shine.

Keep up the great work man!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
I'm with you on not trusting that bag. While it may work for a little bit, that crack could end up bad. It's like the old Cadillac and Lincoln air bags they had in the rears back in the day. Once they started cracking it was only a matter of time before the entire ass ends were dropped. I wonder if there is something that you can put on them to give a little bit of moisture back into them like tire shine.

Keep up the great work man!!
Yeah, the old Lincoln and Ford bags were terrible at pin holeing and leaking and people would ignore it and burn the compressors out then be surprised by the crazy price to repair and either sell cheap (I bought a few) or convert to coils (I've fixed a lot for cheap). That's the main reason for my inspection and wanting to buy new bags.

I was going to buy UAS (universal air suspension) bags, but I couldnt find too many reviews on them, so I'm going to go Airlift rear bags since they make a bag specific for our car. Their's $165/bag, vs $200/bag from D2.

Inwas waiting on my main guy to get me a price, but I guess I will order my own since I need these by Friday to hopefully install Sarurday.
I thought your daughter is old enough to handle those tools!

Great way to introduce the kids at a young age and I envy you for having that opportunity. My kids are 24 and 21 right now.

Suddenly I'm feeling lonely, I miss my kids at that age...
My son is 4 and he can work my Milwaukee 18v impact and bust the lugs off my 07 Yukon (tq'd ro 140ft lbs) with ease. He also can work a jig saw pretty good too. I have my kids around when indo my projects so they can hopefully learn how troubleshoot and use another creative part of their brain. I'm sure it also aids in the DIY part of their brain as well. And it QT with the kiddos.

Today, I got the 3p fired up, then I took it apart to make it more pretty.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Cleaned up sunday night. Still need to do some more straightening and adjusting to the carpet panels to clean up the flow.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I wish my trunk was that clean!! I'll get there 1 day. The p.o. had something that spilled inside the trunk and has left a nasty stain. They also had something on the inside that spilled all over the carpet behind the drivers seat. Needless to say, I kind of have a DGAF attitude about keeping the car vacuumed on a weekly basis lol. I'll get there 1 day.

You're doing some great work and I can't wait to see the end product!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
I wish my trunk was that clean!! I'll get there 1 day. The p.o. had something that spilled inside the trunk and has left a nasty stain. They also had something on the inside that spilled all over the carpet behind the drivers seat. Needless to say, I kind of have a DGAF attitude about keeping the car vacuumed on a weekly basis lol. I'll get there 1 day.

You're doing some great work and I can't wait to see the end product!!
Thank you! And my trunk is only that clean bc, well, I had to.take everything out, lol. And the weathertech trunk mat cleans up the trunk, while keeping the carpets clean as well. I have weather tech in all my vehicles. Makes clean up so much easier, especially with a toddler and a infant, lol.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Airlift 3P bagged x dirty car life.

Now just some final adjustments to be made this week during commute to half way dial it in.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Met up with some fellow bagged 3rd gen owners who also daily drive their 6 and had a good time at the Clean Culture NC closure in Kannapolis NC. We had a good time, met some new people and enjoy the foolishness that happened. The weather started off terrible, but it cleared up and we had an good time nonetheless.

181 - 197 of 197 Posts