Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just like it says, but street and city location would be most helpful particularly in the East Bay.

Thanks-

·
Registered
544 Posts
There is one in San Leandro. Back of the plaza where they have blockbuster and safeway and McDonald and Longs'. 2 blocks from the san Leandro Bart.

I dont rememeber the exact streets, but I can check when I go home. Its a new gas station .. they have 87, 93, and 100

hope that helps

·
Registered
49 Posts
100 Octane at the 76 station at Foxworthy and Almaden Expwy in South San Jose. I heard if you go west on woodside from 101, past Kentucky and the Safeway and Blockbuster, there's a 76 Station on your left with 100 Octane.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is one in San Leandro. Back of the plaza where they have blockbuster and safeway and McDonald and Longs'. 2 blocks from the san Leandro Bart.

I dont rememeber the exact streets, but I can check when I go home. Its a new gas station .. they have 87, 93, and 100

hope that helps
[/b]
Thanks for this one, as I have driven past it many times. I live about a mile from there. It is on the corner about a block from the Chinese / Hawaiian resturant. I will check it out tomorrow myself as well. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here is the one in Sunol. They sell 100 for $5.70 or so.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for this one, as I have driven past it many times. I live about a mile from there. It is on the corner about a block from the Chinese / Hawaiian resturant. I will check it out tomorrow myself as well. :)
[/b]
Update: I found that gas station, it's called Rich's Automotive repair on 1495 Hayes Street in San Leandro.
It is definitely off the more popular streets and is easily missed unless you KNOW of them.

They have the following (prices as of 12/08/06)

Regular 87 $2.38 / gallon
Super 93 $4.20 / gallon
Race 100 $5.11 / gallon

I filled up on 93 for a whopping $58! Ouch!!!! :banghead:

Definitely not something I would do on a regular basis. I bought a case of Torco Unleaded Race additive for about $17 / 32 oz can. If you add the whole can to 91 octane should net about 93 or so octane when mixed with about 15 gallons. Factor in the cost of $40 / fill up and it will cost about the same. The convenience and not having to store or mix fuel additives, it's worth the fill once in a while when I want to feel the engine's true potential. But 50% increase in price?

Man, you folks who live where 93 octane is the normal Super, consider yourselves lucky. :yesnod:

Thanks for all the leads, especially the one practically in my own backyard.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We should met up sometime to check out your ride.
LMK

·
Registered
544 Posts
My cars pretty much stock, and it seems like it will stay that way :-D

been spending too much money on my other rides ~!~

but YES, we should still meet up

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Update: I found that gas station, it's called Rich's Automotive repair on 1495 Hayes Street in San Leandro.
It is definitely off the more popular streets and is easily missed unless you KNOW of them.

They have the following (prices as of 12/08/06)

Regular 87 $2.38 / gallon
Super 93 $4.20 / gallon
Race 100 $5.11 / gallon

I filled up on 93 for a whopping $58! Ouch!!!! :banghead:

Definitely not something I would do on a regular basis. I bought a case of Torco Unleaded Race additive for about $17 / 32 oz can. If you add the whole can to 91 octane should net about 93 or so octane when mixed with about 15 gallons. Factor in the cost of $40 / fill up and it will cost about the same. The convenience and not having to store or mix fuel additives, it's worth the fill once in a while when I want to feel the engine's true potential. But 50% increase in price?

Man, you folks who live where 93 octane is the normal Super, consider yourselves lucky. :yesnod:

Thanks for all the leads, especially the one practically in my own backyard.
[/b]
wouldve been cheaper to just mix the 87 and 100 adam. wouldve been 3.75/gallon rather than 4.20/g. or you can do the 91/100 mix like me. 91 at about 2.70/g and 100 at 5.11/g makes about 3.18/g for ~93oct. :) yes, i am chinese.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wouldve been cheaper to just mix the 87 and 100 adam. wouldve been 3.75/gallon rather than 4.20/g. or you can do the 91/100 mix like me. 91 at about 2.70/g and 100 at 5.11/g makes about 3.18/g for ~93oct. :) yes, i am chinese.
[/b]
Chinese and numbers... must be a genetic thing :hoho:
I'm glad to have a race gas station only 2 minutes from my house.

What ratio are you using? My numbers are coming up with $3.92 / gal when mixed at 50/50 of 91/100.
You going with a 7 gallon 100 and 8 gallon 91 mix? I come up with $3.82 / gal with that combo assuming a 15 gallon fill up that I normally do.

Curious, at what mixing ratios with 91 and 100 octane net approx. 93 octane?

Off topic sort of, did you notice an increase in knock prevention with the new TMIC perhaps negating the need for 93 octane? Given the engine was factory designed around the stock TMIC inefficiencies, it required 93 to stem off knocking. :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Chinese and numbers... must be a genetic thing :hoho:
I'm glad to have a race gas station only 2 minutes from my house.

What ratio are you using? My numbers are coming up with $3.92 / gal when mixed at 50/50 of 91/100.
You going with a 7 gallon 100 and 8 gallon 91 mix? I come up with $3.82 / gal with that combo assuming a 15 gallon fill up that I normally do.

Curious, at what mixing ratios with 91 and 100 octane net approx. 93 octane?

Off topic sort of, did you notice an increase in knock prevention with the new TMIC perhaps negating the need for 93 octane? Given the engine was factory designed around the stock TMIC inefficiencies, it required 93 to stem off knocking. :yesnod:
[/b]
2 gallons 100, 8 gallons 91 = 92.8octane.

or 3g of 100, 12g of 91 for 15 gallon fillup.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Infineon raceway offers a selection of higher octane fuels too. Just need to go when there is an open track day and sign release.

·
Registered
48 Posts
[/b]
How come you're asking if we understand in Japanese?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts