Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT:
NM: I have made an error -
Our cars have H11 for low beams and not 9006.

However, it seems that one can replace H11 with H9 which is much better than H11.
(this also needs some modifications)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I did this on our Toyota Sienna (my 6 is an 08 and uses H1 bulbs.) The 9012's make a huge difference and are well worth it. If you are expecting 75% more light output (as you quoted) you will be disappointed, I have no way of measuring but it feels more like maybe 20% more which is still a huge improvement over the 9006 bulb. I've got the Philips HIR2 9012s, so you might have even better results with the Vosla.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EDIT:

However, it seems that one can replace H11 with H9 which is much better than H11.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
EDIT:

I actually use the H9 instead of H11 for my fogs on my 08. I can't say there is a huge difference for the fogs (I think the fog housings are pretty much a useless design I guess.) I wish the HIR bulbs were available in more sizes because I'd use them anywhere I could!

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
EDIT:

Here's a conversion that was available for the 2nd-Gen owners.

Click me!

It's an easy mod with good results.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I have that thread bookmarked now.

BTW, Is it hard to access the low beam bulb? I looked everywhere but couldn't find a guide of any sort for the headlight bulb replacement. (didn't look in owner's manual though).

Or is it pretty obvious once you look under the hood?

any tips / instructions are appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
washburn
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing