Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Earlier this year, I went on a jy spree to find Bose speakers and subs from 1st gen M6 and same year Nissans. The amp below goes to a 9" Bose sub from M6. I have the gist of the red, green and black wires, but what are orange yellow and purple for? Please be specific on color to function. I'm not using this amp for the Bose sub. I am hooking up a PA speaker to the amp.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This has been extensively covered on this site. The search bar at the top will reveal everything you need.
I did a write up on an install a while ago.

This will get you started.
Non-Bose, Bose, Metra, and You.
I am using this in a Volvo for a PA speaker. I cut the harness off that went to the orange, black, and purple/yellow. I remember there were different colors to the other side of the harness. Searching the site and viewing your content didn't help. I updated my original post.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no 9" sub in a 1G, its 5.5".
The 9" was an option for the early and mid 2000's Mazda 6, Acura sedans, and a few nissan/infiniti sedans. The rest of the Nissan lineup came with a sub/sub box mounted in the spare tire cavity.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Oh the one that bolts to the package tray/rear deck. They suck ass sounds wise compared to the suitcase ones from the hackbacks and wagons.
Oh ok. I do have 2 of the suitcase (5.5") subs from Nissan Muranos. I trashed the 'suitcases' for reasons of space saving. My '96 Volvo 960 is stock and best sound system ever of any vehicle imo (19 dodge ram, 19 civic, 12 avenger, 03 Mazda6 Bose, 07 Mazda6, 10 Mazda3 Bose, 09 impala LT, 08 Impala LTZ Bose, 09 Corolla, 19 Camry, 04 Acura TL Bose, 99 Acura TL Bose, 08 Armada, 01 v70 XC (with added sub), 98 V70 XC) and I will not be replacing or adding to it. I'll be putting the 2 5.5s in my 98 Volvo V70 XC after I get a new engine put in it. I took a shot on the Bose subwoofer amp and hooked up to that PA system. It seems to not work. Nobody was able to provide color-to-function for the amp's direct (from the circuit board) wiring so I wouldn't know if it was correct.

·
Rally Racer
2,878 Posts
The vehicle wiring harness frequently uses different colors. A wiring diagram of the appropriate year would be your go to here.
There are two additional amp harnesses that the Mk.1 uses when equipped with Bose. One runs from the center console behind the ashtray to the right foot kick panel. The second goes from that kick panel to the amp under the seat.

@TalonTsi90 the OP may be using it a a public address (PA) system. Open the door, turn up the volume and let it rip, "tamales, tamales, tamales"

I'd buy them. 👍

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why are you calling it a PA system?
Public announcement system. I'm going to buy a 2 channel technical pro amp and technical pro mic, then hook up 2x 5.5" Bose speakers mounted on weather-treated wood. This PA system will only be on my car on trips that require going into big cities like OKC, Tulsa, Dallas. The reason for the PA? Domestic terrorists! The rioters and protesters that choose to block and impede traffic whether on city streets or on highways will know who I am when I come through, get a piece of my mind. They become domestic terrorists when they break the law: impede, riot, loot, and use violence/kill. Those people that the news wants you to be believe are 'peaceful protesters' are actually domestic terrorists. America should be the example of a mature people that use their words instead of acting like children. BLM and Antifa are Marxist domestic terrorist groups specifically rallying for civil unrest and removal of freedom. Sorry for the rant. This answers your possible question of 'Why would you need a PA system?'.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Not really, because i think youre only going to anger those idiots. They already dont care about the laws and know that there wont be any consequences, so i think youre just putting yourself out there for retaliation. But anyway...

·
Rally Racer
2,878 Posts
America should be the example of a mature people that use their words instead of acting like children.
Exactly why everyone needs to vote.
BLM, patriot prayer and Antifa are Marxist domestic terrorist groups specifically rallying for civil unrest and removal of freedom.
Like the right to protest?
Sorry for the rant. This answers your possible question of 'Why would you need a PA system?'.
It does, and thanks for using your constitutionally protected right to free speech.

Be advised, if the system is too loud, it may be considered a weapon, and using it against a mass of people may qualify under some terrorist weapons clauses.

Just remember, like John Cash said,
"Don't take your guns to town son
Leave your guns at home Bill
Don't take your guns to town."

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Like the right to protest?

Be advised, if the system is too loud, it may be considered a weapon, and using it against a mass of people may qualify under some terrorist weapons clauses.

Just remember, like John Cash said,
"Don't take your guns to town son
Leave your guns at home Bill
Don't take your guns to town."
The right to freedom of speech (verbally expressing your opinions), not the freedom to destroy, steal, hurt, kill, or impede. Lol I sure hope they don't think it's a weapon. I think that's goofy. But of course considering they think it's okay to protest by said activities above, I wouldn't be surprised.
I understand it may be a song you're quoting, but I sure hope you take your guns with you to town. I get the feeling you might not completely agree with 2A. Anyway this was a post about the Bose sub amp. I apologize for bringing up this stuff. Now that I think about it, it may be against T&C on this site to discuss anything but M6 stuff. This is the only thing I needed, so I may not be back on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts