Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how reliable this is. It is supposedly supposed to be the 8th generation Toyota Celica. The current 7th gen has a 1.8L Yamaha 2ZZ-GE engine putting out 180 BHP at 6700 rpm. Accordingly, the 8th gen gets a 2.4L 2AZ-GE engine with 247 BHP.

The following are concept images from Toyota Australia may be the next Celica. I hearing that in this concept features a supercharged 2.4L engine.

-SC3

·
Registered
271 Posts
Replying to Topic '8th Generation Toyota Celica?'

Yep, big time.

·
Registered
163 Posts

There will not be a 8th gen in the US. I had a 7th & followed very closely until I bought the Mz6. That's why Scion is being marketed so heavily. I wouldn't have bought another anyway, the engine is too fragile & is quick to break/blow. Don't ask how I'd know.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Reading Topic: 8th Generation Toyota Celica?

there will be an 8th gen celica, just not in the US. the new Scion Tc is the replacement. a reworked version of the Tc will prob be the overseas celica. edit- looking over those pictures again, those are all thinly disguised Scion Tc's

·
Registered
16 Posts

Yeah the 2.4l supercharge engine will be in the new Scion Tc. I was thinking of getting one but decided on the 6s.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts

the celica will not be produced anymore in the US, toyota thought that since Honda killed their prelude line, they can stop producing it and start concentrating on the new upcoming tC... and yes... the 8th gen does look like the 350Z.. heck the size is just as big as the 350Z too...

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

350z or Tiburon? I can't figure out which.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

In my view the Tc only begs the question. The Tc is set to replace the current Celica in its current market segment (semi-sporty pretender cars with WWD) and frees Toyota to reenter the actual sporty/sports car market with an AWD or RWD Celica. Anyone remember the Celica All-Trac? An AWD Celica could pave the way for the return of the Supra as well.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Originally posted by dvs1

There will not be a 8th gen in the US. I had a 7th & followed very closely until I bought the Mz6. That's why Scion is being marketed so heavily. I wouldn't have bought another anyway, the engine is too fragile & is quick to break/blow. Don't ask how I'd know.
Let me guess, you shifted into 3rd as opposed to 5th gear while in "lift" mode and destroyed the engine. hehe. Too many Celica owners have done this accidentally.

I used to own a 7th gen Celica. One thing I definately didn't like about the car was the lack of low-end torque and the useless backseats.

The 350Z is not that big of a car and the Tc may match its size.

-SC3

·
Registered
163 Posts

Originally posted by SC3

Originally posted by dvs1

Let me guess, you shifted into 3rd as opposed to 5th gear while in "lift" mode and destroyed the engine. hehe. Too many Celica owners have done this accidentally.

I used to own a 7th gen Celica. One thing I definately didn't like about the car was the lack of low-end torque and the useless backseats.

The 350Z is not that big of a car and the Tc may match its size.

-SC3
Not quite. Had a head on wreck in it late last year. Insurance co fixed it. I started having little problems after that & they continued to mushroom from there. Hit something on the interstate only weeks after I got it back from the bodyshop. That cracked the oilpan(didn't know at the time). Got an engine light & before I could get it home(100mile commute daily)....clink, clink, clink. To keep it, I was looking at 5k plus another 2k in routine/soon to be needed maintenance, so I left it on the rack & got the 6. The handling was the only true plus to having it. Too many 40 something female drivers too. Looks fast. Oh well.......no love lost. I was waiting on the RSX when I got it, since it was the closest thing to a one at the time. 1st & probably last Yota. Getting too old to fall down into my car. 7 years in the 4 banger imports was long enough.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts