Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
If you do a .75 drop on the 6s will you have to change out stock struts and shocks?
[/b]
If you do ANY kind of drop you want to change out the shocks... BUt with a .75 drop it's not the most important thing as your stocks will probably hold up for a while.. just not as long as they would i fyou left it how it is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you do ANY kind of drop you want to change out the shocks... BUt with a .75 drop it's not the most important thing as your stocks will probably hold up for a while.. just not as long as they would i fyou left it how it is.
[/b]

So are we talking like six months that the shocks will hold up?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
there is no definate time frame. it is dependant on driving characteristics, wear on the shocks before the drop, quality of roads, etc. you may get 40k out of the stock shocks, you may get 15k,

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
With all due respect, if you can't afford to do everything at once it's all good. Ride your stock shocks out for awhile then replace them a few months down the road. Or else wait and do everything at once. Lowering the car less than an inch shouldn't be a problem though for the stock shocks.

Sounds like you're using MazdaSpeed springs, which are meant to work with the stock shocks anyway...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With all due respect, if you can't afford to do everything at once it's all good. Ride your stock shocks out for awhile then replace them a few months down the road. Or else wait and do everything at once. Lowering the car less than an inch shouldn't be a problem though for the stock shocks.

Sounds like you're using MazdaSpeed springs, which are meant to work with the stock shocks anyway...
[/b]
Also are there any superchargers out for the mazda6s? Or LSD?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I am running a 2" in th efront and 1.u8 in the back drop. on stock shocks.. Been that way for several months now... I have Yellows. But they are sitting in the closet..

But I havn't had a problem yet..

You can do the drop and be just fine.. Just make sure you are ready to upgrade. So just. always have enough set aside just incase. or just buy a set and wait it out like I am.. (the lazy presons way lol)....

Likes it's was said before.. You could go 5 miles and need new shocks.. or 50,000 miles. There is no way to tell.. So just be prepared if you start noticing you may need to change them out. then upgrade..

It's not really all that much anyways.. little over $400 for front and rears together for Koni Yellow's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts