Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something I've always wanted to get done, so everyone else doing it finally gave me the motivation to start this project. I wanted it to look factory and keep the buttons on the screen.

It took about 2 days, from cutting to primer and I'm rather happy with it. I still need to move 2 circuit boards (Hazard/AC boards) and find a home for them. I'm thinking about underneath the center lid right now. All my interior pieces are off to a body shop to be painted to once this project is completed.

The idea:

The progress:

1st coat of primer:

·
Registered
406 Posts
lookin good so far man

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments. I wet sanded the 1st coat of primer and primered the piece once more. It's almost there. In the meantime, I've figured out a few more details of what I'm doing.

The way the buttons on the Metra kit were mounted is really awful designing. So because I'm that, I'm unscrewing the hazard button and going with a smaller circle hazard button and cutting the circuit board to make it smaller since the majority of it doesn't have any tracing on it. Better functionally and saves me space.

The A/C board is bit complicated and mounting of the buttons aren't that bad. I'm considering either behind the center lid in the dash, or to the left of the shift plate for this.

Still a bit more work involved but it will get there :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
looks real smooth...too bad they dont make a metra kit for the 06 yet or i'd be all over that! good luck with it!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Very nice, im thinking about do that, but not quiet yet though. That lip kit u got on ur 6 was the same one that i use to have, i liked it, it looked more aggressive and my 6 is the same color as urs too. Maybe u can PM me s :yesnod: umtime and ill send u some pics of my 03 yellow 6. But nice job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts