Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well fellas, this past week I interviewed for and received a promotion at work. Higher position, HUGE pay raise, and more perks. SO with that in mind, I am finally at the position in my life where I can afford my dream car. I found the one, and I don't have to drive hundreds of miles for it, in fact it is about 20 minutes away from where i live. Plus it was my birthday Tuesday, so this is a little birthday present for myself :)

I will be picking it up either next week, or next weekend. I spoke to the seller and was able to talk him down $2k from his asking price. He is holding the truck for me and we will be meeting next week once I have the cash in hand.

It has a 350 motor, auto trans, and 373 rear from what I can tell so far. It was restored 14 years ago and has been garage kept since then. Adult owned.

The truck has been driven once or twice a week and is in excellent condition mechanically and cosmetically.

This will be my first classic car/truck and first carburated engine. I am so excited and can't wait to be driving this thing! And I have some plans for "making it my own."

I will also still be keeping the Miata. My insurance is going up, but not by much, thanks to multi-car and multi-policy discounts. So that is awesome.

Here are pics from the CL ad:

I am so excited, and can't wait to be driving this thing. I am willing to bet I am going to love this thing more than I do the Miata lol.

·
Administrator
8,407 Posts
Congrats on the promotion, and for the new rig. What's your plans for it?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the promotion, and for the new rig. What's your plans for it?
Thank you!

In the near future, not too much. Happy with it the way it is. But in a year or so, I want to do a top end kit (heads, intake manifold, cam)...about $2k for a bump up to ~410hp. Also wanna do headers and exhaust. Should really wake up the engine :)

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Picked her up this past Thursday. Got her titled and registered right away. Drove straight to the DMV lol. Then i drove out to my friend's river house for the weekend. This thing is so much fun to drive and is a HUGE head turner. Have gotten so much love on the road from other people lol.

Here's some more info on her:

She was fully restored 14 years ago. Has 82k miles on the body; 12k miles on the engine. I had a picture of the interior but unfortunately I deleted it. The interior is just as clean as the exterior though.

The engine is bored .30 over. Stock 350 crank. Kieth black pistons. Mild Lunati cam. Roller rockers. Hi rise manifold. 600cfm holley carb. Long Tube Headers. Turbo 400 trans.

Pictures!

^^^ I will be relocating the coolant overflow so that the bay is completely clean :)

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here's a short cold start video...not sure why it didn't upload in HD :( will get more videos soon :)
Currently it has the long tube headers going straight through to a muffler on each pipe (true dual and catless). My plan is to replace the piping from the header back with 2.5" piping, no mufflers, to side exit tips before the rear wheels.

https://youtu.be/SHT41g9On-o

·
Administrator
8,407 Posts
Clean...

Just don't tell us you're slamming it. IMO it kinda defeats the purpose of having a truck.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The front turn signal lenses are a bit cracked, so I just ordered new clear lenses for both. Also ordered a new lens for the driver side reverse light because it also needs replacement. Let the modding begin! lol I am planning to go to the exhaust shop next week to get an estimate and most likely go ahead and get the exhaust work done.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Better pic of the exhaust tip

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One tire fire!! lolol poopy quality video because my friend sent it to me via facebook. But i needed to get that out lol.

https://youtu.be/uqXNj6VlI9w

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Drove the truck all this past week, so this week i will drive the Miata lol

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Finally remembered to take pictures of the interior

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well last week the truck decided not to start. Got the battery tested and it was donezo (it was from 2007). So got a new battery and everything was good. A week later, same thing happened. So i tried the "redneck alternator test" of unplugging the battery terminal while the truck was running and sure enough it shut off. So I after searching the part # of the alternator, turns out its the original alternator from a '72 corvette that is no longer produced. Found a nice shiny 70amp alternator from Summit racing. Easiest install ever. Took less than 30 mins.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts