Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well figured it was probably about time I made a build thread. Been on here for almost a year with the car.

I picked up my 07 MS6 GT June 2012. It had 62k on it and in great shape.
Brought it home from Vancouver Ford and realized that the stock ms6 wheels had nearly bald tires, so I put on the enkei's from my other car

The next things I did were small, like change out the bulbs to LEDs and I picked up an AP.

Then I plastidip my emblems, wheels (then sprayed then bronze) & got my grille

Then I got my CP-E CAI and Cobb TIP, Forge BPV, Magnaflow CBE & HPFP Internals
Did a few things after like like stubby antenna, & double din

And it sat this way until about 3wks ago.

FMIC and both rear diff mounts went on, blockhead defrost pod with boost gauge, as well as the Ksport Coilvovers

And this is how it sits today. I have the lip kit still to put on and some suspension tweaks to get it perfect.

Thanks for looking

·
Lowspeed
6,280 Posts
Great post :thumbup:

Always like to see the rear subframe out! Makes for a great photo-op.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I saw the old walkthrough on NEMotorsportsForums and thought that'd be alot easier then trying to wrestle with everything in the car.

and it only took us 2.5hrs to drop it and install everything

·
Registered
738 Posts
Looks sharp man! Props for dropping that subframe. I paid a shop $400 to take care of that for me. No way was I gonna do that in my driveway lol

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
wheel specs?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
they are 18x8.75 +35
A few days ago i ordered some similar XXR's in 18x8.75 +33. Almost got the same color as you, but decided to go a little different.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
-__________- i said similar XXR's i never said 527s

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sweet Speed6. :drool: I was wondering if you have made any modifications to the Magnaflow tips? It is the 2.5" magnaflow catback right? Did you paint them black and also did you cut a little because they look like they are more in then usual.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sweet Speed6. :drool: I was wondering if you have made any modifications to the Magnaflow tips? It is the 2.5" magnaflow catback right? Did you paint them black and also did you cut a little because they look like they are more in then usual.
no mods to the exhaust. And they turn black from driving around, very hard to keep them polished. And I didn't have to cut anything, the lil but you see that looks cut, is from it melting driving to spokane and driving to the MazdasNW Leavenworth meet. I don't like the look people have with the exhaust tips sticking out past the bumper. When I get my downpipe on removing the cats, should take care of the lil melting issues I have

·
Registered
211 Posts
How much rolling and pulling did you have to do to fit those xxrs? What tire size? Are you rubbing at all?
I'm wondering the same thing.. Because I passed on a set, due to the need to do those tasks to make em fit.

no mods to the exhaust. And they turn black from driving around, very hard to keep them polished. And I didn't have to cut anything, the lil but you see that looks cut, is from it melting driving to spokane and driving to the MazdasNW Leavenworth meet. I don't like the look people have with the exhaust tips sticking out past the bumper. When I get my downpipe on removing the cats, should take care of the lil melting issues I have
Leave it alone, do what I did. Ebay/ATP 3" DP with QTP cutout. Even with my stock exhaust it's quiet for cruising. Then instant pump in HP once opened.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts