Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this is the Toyota 3309/whatever special fluid/etc, and therefore should be blue or something. Is it ever pink? I guess I mean to ask does anyone (any automaker OE, aftermarket, synth etc) color this fluid pink instead?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Which fluid is the best choice? Seems some fluids like castrol multi import and valvoline dextron merc state they are Toyota t-iv compatible.

·
Rally Racer
2,268 Posts
Which fluid is the best choice? Seems some fluids like castrol multi import and valvoline dextron merc state they are Toyota t-iv compatible.
If the fluid stated it is rated to a qualification level then there is very little else you can do but trust it at its word.
I have used Mobil1 MV in my 5-speed ATX Mazda but use Honda fluid in the Odyssey.
I don't know why, but maybe if it is a fluid specific for the requirement, I am more likely to use it. If it is a type of fluid that is "compatible" with many different manufacturers and types I am dubious. I am less likely to trust "it works for everything" claims.

The genuine Toyota is $10 more a case (12) than the Castrol so I would spring for the OEM personally.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts