Mazda 6 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was looking for a 6 I new I could ether get a speed6 GT or a 6s, I picked the 6s because it looks so much nicer than the Speed6, now all I hear is how much better the Speed is, but it doesnt turn as many heads as the 6s, speacialy when it come to the ladies... , I know it doesnt have Turbo or AWD, but is having AWD really that big a differance?? You can put a turbo in any car, so the only thing it looks like is the big differance between them is th AWD, that and the 6s looks nicer.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
...but it doesnt turn as many heads as the 6s, speacialy when it come to the ladies...
[/b]
The average lady can't tell the difference between the two. Furthermore, if you're buying a 6 (or any car for that matter) to impress the ladies then you're buying the car for all the wrong reasons.

·
Registered
167 Posts
:huh: Gotta second that one...

Curiously, how is a 6s turning more heads than a Speed6 or a 6i?

Is AWD nice? Well I think so, but that's my opinion from a former DSM junkie. It's definately not something you can add realistically.

Can you add a turbo to any car? Yeah, but you don't have to in a Speed6.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
There's so much wrong with your reasoning and your questions... :huh:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the 6s and the 6i can look the same, depending on the options, the speed doesnt have the look the 6i or s does, unless you took the Hood, grill, front bumper, and spoiler from a 6 I or S and put them on a Speed 6

·
Registered
167 Posts
the 6s and the 6i can look the same, depending on the options, the speed doesnt have the look the 6i or s does, unless you took the Hood, grill, front bumper, and spoiler from a 6 I or S and put them on a Speed 6
[/b]
I'll grant you the front bumper is fairly different. Especially with the black meshing on the bottom.

The grill I wouldn't say much because how many different style grills are there for regular 6's both stock and aftermarket? What's one more...

The hood, yeah, if you're talking to some pretty attentive people. The average person needs it pointed out.

A lip spoiler is an OEM option for 6i's and 6s's...

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and the 18 inch stock rims for 6s and i vs the stock rims for speed 6?

·
Registered
635 Posts
looks are objective ... but Speed6 is definitely a better car ... I would buy it if I could afford it

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:slap: Hows that neon plate frame working out for ya
[/b]

View my Garage Pix and Choke.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
looks are objective ... but Speed6 is definitely a better car ... I would buy it if I could afford it
[/b]

You cant say one is better because they are made for basically 2 different things. Both are nice cars. They do look different in the front, and some people will like one look over the other.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
its just you

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm pretty content with my 6i Sport because I ordered it the way I wanted it and it just fits me personally. As for this argument over the 6s and the Speed6, I'd go with the Speed6 because you basically get so much for the money, especially given the major discounts and rebates (so far, for the '06 models sitting around). If I didn't have inequity or anything like that from my ridiculous trade-in value on my 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6, I would wish to not have gotten the Tiburon in the first place and I could've had a Speed6 for a fantastic price. Oh, well.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
View my Garage Pix and Choke.
[/b]

i sure as hell choked when i saw that neon plate frame :barf:

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I think the speed 6 is more sporty than a regular 6. However, I don't think ladies are interested to you just because you drive a speed 6. They don't know and they don't care.

If you want that kind of girl (the one that like you because of your car) then you bought the wrong car. You should have bought a used Lexus, BMW or Mercedes. They care more about image than the performance of the car.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.