Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
i want to purchase a 6i 5-door mtx 2.3 ltr... what is the difference between the 6s and the 6i? i mean i saw that one was 6 cyl and the other was 4 but is there any big differences i should be aware of?
[/b]
Power? What happens when you press down on the right side pedal is the difference.

·
Registered
206 Posts
yes on is a 4 cylinder and one is a V6...the 6i (4 cyl.) puts out 165 horses, the 6s (V6) puts out 220 and is a little quicker than the 6i. 6i is 2.3 liter, V6 is 3.0. other than that, very few differences in body style and options. before anybody else gets ya, i'm gonna say go search a little :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
i want to purchase a 6i 5-door mtx 2.3 ltr... what is the difference between the 6s and the 6i? i mean i saw that one was 6 cyl and the other was 4 but is there any big differences i should be aware of?
[/b]
If you search, and browse the forums, you'll definetely find your answer, but I'll summarize it for you, BASICALLY, the 6 cylinder model is more expensive, faster response/speed, but doesn't get as many miles per gallon compared to the 4 banger, Both are great in handling, but since the 4 banger is lighter, it has more potential for speed in a modding point as there are turbo kits availible. Both look the same though, I went with the 4 banger for the good gas mileage on my daily commute to work, but its up to you, most of the members go for and prefer the 6s manual though. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Haggle with the dealer, walk out on them if you have to, get a good deal on an 06....I hear they are going cheaper now since the 07s came out.
[/b]
I heard there was some kinda ship that crashed and had like 20,00 mazdas on it....I asked my dealer and they said they're dropping brand new cars prices down to about 11K because they've had to change interior parts as well as many exterior damage....overall, on what you want though, remember this:

a V6 wasn't really made to mod unless it's a frickin Supra twinturbo or something
a 4cyl, now that's the most popular car in the world to mod being that every frickin Japanese car is one and has parts for it....

I say buy the 4cyl and put turbo, If I didn't get such a good deal on my V6, I would have bought a new 4cyl.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Frm what I've heard the ship that sank had thousands of cars on it...both Toyotas and Mazdas. The sad part was that 90% of them were Mazdaz. That's why the dealers are not getting new 3s until the next shipment.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
6i - Slow, Acceleration feels like shit, the interior is shit, the modding potential for this car NA is shit, this whole car is shit

6s - Better engine, should have been the only model 6 available, interior is better, NA Mods benefit it more, More support for the V6

that good enough for you?

·
Registered
212 Posts
wah...buyer's remorse.

and exactly how the hell is the interior on the 6s better than the 6i?
[/b]
The better interior part of the 6s is the gas pedal :D :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
6i - Slow, Acceleration feels like shit, the interior is shit, the modding potential for this car NA is shit, this whole car is shit

6s - Better engine, should have been the only model 6 available, interior is better, NA Mods benefit it more, More support for the V6
that good enough for you?
[/b]

Say it isn't so......... :tear:

·
Registered
758 Posts

that good enough for you? [/b]
Hahaha.

Well Rapter, it depends on what you want. If all you want/need is a good looking commuter vehicle, then go with the 6i. But if you want some power to back up the looks, as well as make more modifications, then 6s. If you have the coin, I'd go with the 6s.

·
Registered
118 Posts
a V6 wasn't really made to mod unless it's a frickin Supra twinturbo or something
[/b]
Supras were inline-sixes anyway, not V6s :)

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Fact of the matter is, both the I4 and the V6 engines are great.

However, as an I4 ower, I personally love the engine... provided its mated to a MTX, which mine is. I4-ATX is not recommended.

Now, I do recall reading a thread where a very reputable member of the forum said something to the effect that the V6 engine was never designed for this car and its as if they shoe-horned the V6 into the engine bay just to appease the North American public.

I'm quite inclined to believe this statement.

The 2.3 liter I4 engine is, after all, THE engine of choice for both the European and JDM markets, and also the rest of the world, with the exception of North America.

I'd put my bets on the I4 as being the superior choice.

·
Registered
900 Posts
It depends on whether, or not you want to have a project car that can be modded alot (read: lots of mods to make it quick), or a car that can be modded a little and is already quick out of the box. ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've got the V6, I've also driven the I4. I like them both, but for different reasons. My V6 is quick, very smooth, quiet and fully loaded. It also feels a bit heavy in the front.
The I4 has the edge in handling because of less weight in the front. It's not as quick and not as smooth as the V6.
When I got mine I wanted something quick right out of the box, that was quiet and smooth. I got my wish.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts