Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got on a lil straight away and said... "fux it" and punched it. unfortunatly it topped @ 120MPH. it's got 150 on the Speedometer. will the Diablo Chip overcome this obstical? any input is helpful.

this is also posted in the lounge.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic '6s Tops @ 120MPH'

There's nothing unfortunate about this. It helps you stay alive - as well as your fellows on the road.:sarc

·
Registered
577 Posts

The Mazda6 computer is completely sealed off, so we wont be able to use chips on them. However, Diablo is working on a device called The Predator, that plugs into the OBD-II port and flashes the stock computer programming. Removal of the speed limiter will be an option with this tool.

Nikolas

·
Registered
76 Posts

One trick is to get the factory service manual, or look in the owner's manual at the fuses, and see if there is a "speed control" fuse. You can rig a toggle switch to enable or disable the line for the limiter. Of course, this will throw a CEL (Check Engine Light); but switching back over will make it go away again.

This is a little trick that some of the Maxima guys use on the models that have limiters.

But 120mph is already FAST ENOUGH.

However, without the limiter....

My CarTest2000 model of the 6s 5MT is showing that it will pull darn near all the way to redline in 5th, close to 150mph!!

Low drag/low-profile design, combined with lots of top-end in the engine will give you VERY strong highway pulling power. The 94 mph 1/4 mile trap is pretty impressive given the engine's power and the car's weight.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Btw, if you go 150MPH on anything but a closed course I'm a smack you one. heh

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

:). does this really work? if so, i will do so tomorow. but i need a scan of a manual till i get mines in cause it was stollen.:( can anyone scan sum pix of their manual with the fuse layout?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

i was just curious... wut would be the easiest way or the first steps to lighten your load, shave sum LBs or drop sum LBs off of your 6. any ideas???

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Spare tire, any jacks that go along with that.

Hardcore: Rear seats, audio system, only fill the gas tank to what you'll need for the race [assuming this is hardcore]. Lightweight rims [Volk or Centerline most likely], Carbon Fiber hood, anything else you can get carbon fiber, lightweight exhaust [JIC will most likely come out with a titanium one for this car], lightweight flywheel, aftermarket CF seats [Sparco or Nex for example].

First off of course you'd want the manual. Shave 3-500 pounds off there. Base model will remove Bose system, ACC, sportkit, spoiler, etc.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

i was askin because i was gonna have theos Chrome Feet on the car and i was gonna try to accomadate for the extra weight by reducing my load sumhow. so i will do the spare n other shit that isn't needed.

thanx

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Yeah that's usually best without making the interior look like shit and such.

G

·
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic '6s Tops @ 120MPH'

LBJay could also b in reference to U.S. PresLyndon B Johnson aka L.B.J?

-Ryan
90 Talon TSi AWD:[email protected]
95 Explorer EB -soon to be no more and replaced by;
6s Lapis Blue Loaded

·
Registered
315 Posts
Reading Topic: 6s Tops @ 120MPH

i was askin because i was gonna have theos Chrome Feet on the car and i was gonna try to accomadate for the extra weight by reducing my load sumhow. so i will do the spare n other **** that isn't needed.

Do you mean chrome rims? If so, you should understand that shaving the equivalent weight from the car as the weigth of the added chrome will still not offset the new effect of the heavier rim.
Heavier wheels will result is slower transitions left/right, slower response in steering, slower acceleration due to increased weight that has to be accelerated. Unsprung mass, such as items like the wheel, rotors, calipers, etc... are very important in "feel" and performance. Chrome rims are NOT a performance enhancer, in fact, they are a detriment.

Tome

1 - 20 of 24 Posts