Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I've been checking out the Maxda6 and the Accord EX, and like them both. No doubt the 6 is a lot sportier of the two, but the Accord is soooo solid I couldn't fault anyone (including myself ;) ) for choosing it.

If it wasn't for one small catch-22, I think the 6 would be the winner hands-down. The problem is that I can't get leather, moonroof, and side-curtain airbags without getting the sport package -- and I don't really like the sport package look.

I like understated zoom-zoom :D

I asked the salesguy if it was possible to remove the sport appearance items after the fact, but he seemed to think not.

Thoughts/comments? Really annoyed that I can't get exactly what I want!

Great board here, I've enjoyed reading all of the threads!

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Reading Topic: 6s Sport De-sported?

May not be able to remove them after the fact, but you sure can add them after the fact. I'm giving thought to doing the same, I have a base 6s, cloth, 5-spd AT.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

You won't be able to remove the front and rear bumpers without trading them for the differing base bumpers. [Which I think is what you were planning here].

Other than that it's only the side skirts and they can come off fine. Holes would be underneath or behind so you could just fill them. Spoiler would leave 4 big holes though :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Replying to Topic '6s Sport De-sported?'

Originally posted by Shiva6
If it wasn't for one small catch-22, I think the 6 would be the winner hands-down. The problem is that I can't get leather, moonroof, and side-curtain airbags without getting the sport package -- and I don't really like the sport package look.[/b]
I talked with a factory rep at an Auto show in Columbus, OH. who indicated that the side air bags were indeed available without the sport package. In fact, I saw a car with that configuration at the show. Simply order what you want. You can get the standard configuration, leather, moonroof and air bags. The web site is not correct. Just have your dealer order it. Most dealers want to sell what is available. Get what you want.

LG

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

LG, Thanks.

I was talking with a salesrep who showed me a matrix of configurations and I was told that those were all the possible configs -- perhaps he didn't understand that those were only samples. If the factory rep said it's possible, then I guess it should be!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts