Mazda 6 Forums banner

6s MTX 1/4 mile times

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  catiro 
#1 ·
I'm trying to figure out what is the best time for a stock 6s (MTX) and whats the best time yet for a modified 6s (MTX).

I searched and found that Sweet35th ran a 14.83@ 93.56 mph with only the airbox mod. Has anyone run a high 14 sec pass 100% stock and is it safe to say that a 6s (MTX) with CAI will run high 14s consistently?

All you 6s (MTX) owners post slips or state times you have ran and with what mods.

Thanks,

CaTiRo

#3 ·
well i ran a 15.1 stock and a 14.8 with the injen intake and cpe fix with 18's.

#5 ·
i runned 14.6 at 96 mph
with only an intake. a custom one that is 3 inch instead of aem 2.75 inch. Can someone tell me if you think this could be why i runned 14.64?

and for mmarfan ran 14.75 with only an intake and 14.5 with the injen fix.

#6 ·
from what i've read/seen the injen intake adds about 12-17hp max and the fix supposedly gets you to where you get closer to that 17hp on average. that's what someone on here said. there's about a 2hp difference in cp-e to injen with fix, that's what i hope to achieve is 17hp average over stock with my little experiment.

#7 ·
i runned 14.6 at 96 mph
with only an intake. a custom one that is 3 inch instead of aem 2.75 inch. Can someone tell me if you think this could be why i runned 14.64?

and for mmarfan ran 14.75 with only an intake and 14.5 with the injen fix.
[/b]
I don't think you intake would be much is any better than the AEM CAI, unless you also are running something to correct your a/f ratios.

Was that at a track or are those gtech times?

Could you post pics of your "custom" intake?

#10 ·
I bet low 14s/high 13s are possible for the mtx with the following mods:

Performance Tires
CAI with CPE fix or Unichip
Headers
Motor Mount
Lighten Flywheel

and a good driver.
[/b]
I don't think you'll do much better then mid 14's. I guess it also depends on the track and altitude. Also knocking some weight off the car would work too like lightweight battery try and single muffler exhuast. Throw in an LSD and upgraded clutch for harder launch. But I don't think it will get you too much lower. Definatly not into the upper 13's.

#11 ·
I don't think you'll do much better then mid 14's. I guess it also depends on the track and altitude. Also knocking some weight off the car would work too like lightweight battery try and single muffler exhuast. Throw in an LSD and upgraded clutch for harder launch. But I don't think it will get you too much lower. Definatly not into the upper 13's.
[/b]
True, for fun in my ATX up here in Alaska, I ran a 15.78 @ 91mph. It's nice to have cold air year round! An engine mount is your best bang for buck in this car along with a CAI. You will defintely need a new clutch to start running in the lower 14's along with lightweight battery, headers, and all the other goodies like you said though.

Might I ask how the clutch is in the MTX? My ex-gfs 2002 Civic clutch was HORRIBLE! I had to hold that thing in long after I shifted into gear!

#12 ·
From what I heard its decent although their have been some problems.

I think if you ran with lighweightrims and an aggressive enough tread and you had FULL control on the ECU, Timing AFR etc low 14's are possible. If you are good enough of a driver.

#13 ·
From what I heard its decent although their have been some problems.

I think if you ran with lighweightrims and an aggressive enough tread and you had FULL control on the ECU, Timing AFR etc low 14's are possible. If you are good enough of a driver.
[/b]
ahhhhhh...go figure, I have yet to find a stock vehicle with an outstanding clutch, even the sti and evo have slight problems here and there!

#14 ·
[/b]
We had a member running a 14.3 on a 6s mtx but I can't remember who that was.

If we have members running 14.5 and 14.6 with just a CAI shouldn't low 14s be possible with more mods?

#15 ·
Yea low 14's are possible. Running that 14.5 was pretty sweet, but as you heard, I only had 2 horsepower increasing mods. If you get a set of headers, then you can be in the low 14 bracket. Exhaust really doesn't do much on these cars, but you can try. If you gut the cats, then you can get just a bit more. The most unnoticed improvement you can make is to run smaller wheels. (16's or something).

#16 ·
Yea low 14's are possible. Running that 14.5 was pretty sweet, but as you heard, I only had 2 horsepower increasing mods. If you get a set of headers, then you can be in the low 14 bracket. Exhaust really doesn't do much on these cars, but you can try. If you gut the cats, then you can get just a bit more. The most unnoticed improvement you can make is to run smaller wheels. (16's or something).
[/b]
Your also a very good driver to pull times like that! I still don't think breaking into the 13's is possible without upgrading the internals

#18 ·
I have an 04 6s MTX with injen intake/exhaust, with CPE fix, and a shortshifter and my best time is an 15.4 at 92.26...

how are you breaking into the 14s??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.