Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2005 6S, and it died yesterday as a result of no fuel. I pulled the fuel pump and gave it 12V, it seems to run fine. When I attach it to the connector and switch the ignition on, the pump does not run. The connector gets 10.7 volts steady when the ignition is on (to the fuel pump leads) and 11.8V steady to the sender. I expected the fuel pump voltage to cut out after a few seconds, but it doesn't. I can't seem to find anything that is identified as a fuel pump relay, but I know there must be one somewhere. Can anyone tell me where to find the relay, or shed any light on what might be going on.
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update, and HELP

OK, so the fuel pump voltage supply spikes to 10.7 V when the ignition is turned on, and then slowly falls a couple of volts. It is also generally maintaining this voltage for about 6 to 10 seconds after the key is turned off. Whatever is getting to the connector doesn't seem to be enough to power the fuel pump. This seems like a malfunctioning relay to me, but I still can't identify the relay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts