Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any performance numbers out there to compare the 5-speed manual vs. the Sport AT 5-speed automatic?

adam

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Reading Topic: 6s: 5-speed Manual vs. Sport 5-speed Auto

The automatic adds about 70 lbs to the curb weight, nothing horrible there...and adds about $800(?) to the price tag (although a dealer will probably be more willing to deal on an auto)
I beleive in some magazine I was reading it had the auto somewhere in the mid 16's for the 1/4, and the manual ran low to mid 15's depending on who tested it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic '6s: 5-speed Manual vs. Sport 5-speed Auto'

Originally posted by Absolut

What are you trying to compare?  [/b]

Was looking for numbers for 0-60, 1/4 mile, and such.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

6s MT 0-60 - 6.67 sec, 1/4 mile 15.1 sec (motortrend)
6s AT 0-60 - 8.0 sec, 1/4 mile 16.15 sec (edmunds)

My whole reason for buying this car was a V6 with a MT in a sedan, not that auto is bad, but a MT is too great a feature to pass up.

·
Registered
526 Posts

While from a performance perspective, I'd prefer the MT - I'm SOOO glad I got the AT.

I drive for work - and last week had to take my girl's car on a 400 mile trip, most highway, but a good bit of stop & go. I got totally sick of rowing my way down the street. Totally affirmed my choice.

Besides, the motorcycle in the garage is what the performance is about for me. :)

·
Registered
389 Posts

Originally posted by Brillo

6s MT  0-60 - 6.67 sec, 1/4 mile 15.1 sec (motortrend)
6s AT  0-60 - 8.0 sec, 1/4 mile   16.15 sec (edmunds)

My whole reason for buying this car was a V6 with a MT in a sedan, not that auto is bad, but a MT is too great a feature to pass up.[/b]
People on ClubTSX were saying that the 6s AT 0-60 time was more like 7.5 secs. I think Edmunds is being a bit conservative on that time. To me, the car feels a lot faster than 8 secs for 0-60. I'm taking the car to the track this weekend, i'm shooting for high 15's stock.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts

Just remember,

If you want a Manual 6...you'll either have to order one, or get in line.

That is, unless you happen upon a lucky break.

Every dealer I called with a 50 mile radius quoted at least a 1-2 month wait time for....

Mazda6s

Manual

Sports Package
Bose
Comfort Package
Leather
Sunroof

Of course, if your willing to take sacrifices on installed options, or have the dealer add them later, then its a bit easier to find one.

Me? I can't wait that long.

I'll be getting mine in less then 6 days...instead of 3 months.

Greg Hess
ThirdEye Studios NYC
3dluvr.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts