Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well i painted my cover about a month ago, finally got the energy to go out and take pics... since i promised to take pics of my lip spoiler and my CHROME OEM SPORTY TIPS that i have for sale $45 shipped right now. So, here is a pic of my cover.

Its for my steel grey.... the silver came out shinier than i wanted, and in retrospect it looks kinda like a piano.

It took me a good 2-3 hours to do this.... i masked everything.... a real pain in the butt. But good masking is the key for defined lines.

Hope you like it.... BLAST AWAY! hehehe

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
Does look good, i like that there are so many different themes going on out there. not that it matters, but why not just pull the cover and get the engine looking good....gets people looking a lot more at things...kinda nice.

very cheap mod as well, though i do hose it off and give it a good wipe down every week, it's well worth it. just some thoughts.

·
Registered
234 Posts
it looks sweet :)

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What?? take off my cover after i spent HOURS making it?? hehehe...

I personally didn't like my "creation" at first, I thought to myself.... OMG its sooo GAWDY!!....

hehe... but I suppose its growing on me. I think i did a pretty good job keeping it clean and professional, masking all those lines AND the curves was a real PIA. Basically I masked certain parts... sprayed it... let it dry... then masked over the parts that were just painted and then sprayed the rest.... so basically at one point or another the whole cover was masked.

Oh yeah... i recommend buying QUALITY tape... i tried to save a few bucks and got some shitty masking tape at autozone.... boy did i regret it... it was super thin and kept tearing when unraveling it.

Kinda like when the toilet paper rips in the middle and you pull and pull and only get half of the toilet paper .

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Hoos,
Good job, very different from any of the others out there! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts