Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, let me start my first post by giving out a huge "thanks" for all of the great information (and humor) I've read on this board over the past week or so. Now it is my turn to give something back. While I was at the dealer on Friday test driving a 6I MT, I had them print out their order sheet. Unfortunately, it is only for the 4 cyl. manual transition - I never even thought about having them print one out for the 6 cyl. Oops.

Still, there may be a few people that would find this useful.

Option Group
--------------
-Any Option Group

-ZO8-Shock Sensor-Requires Premium Pkg · ZO4-Wheel Locks-Requires Premium Pkg

-AW6-16"; Alloy Wheels

-AB4-ABS & Traction Control (TCS) · ZO8-Shock Sensor-Requires Premium Pkg · ZO4-Wheel Locks-Requires Premium Pkg

-AW6-16" Alloy Wheels · AB4-ABS & Traction Control (TCS)

-2I4-Premium Package

-2I4-Premium Package · 3RA-Bose Audio Package

-2I4-Premium Package · AB4-ABS & Traction Control (TCS)

-2I4-Premium Package · MR1-Power Moonroof

-2I4-Premium Package · AB6-Side Air Bags & Side Air Curtains · AB4-ABS & Traction Control (TCS)

-2I4-Premium Package · 1CO-Comfort Package · LS1-Leather Seat Upholstery

-2I4-Premium Package · 1CO-Comfort Package · MR1-Power Moonroof · LS1-Leather Seat Upholstery

-2I4-Premium Package · 1SE-Sport Package

-2I4-Premium Package · 1SE-Sport Package · 3RA-Bose Audio Package

-2I4-Premium Package · 1CO-Comfort Package · 1SE-Sport Package · MR1-Power Moonroof · LS1-Leather Seat Upholstery

-2I4-Premium Package · 1CO-Comfort Package · 1SE-Sport Package · MR1-Power Moonroof · AB6-Side Air Bags & Side Air Curtains · AB4-ABS & Traction Control (TCS) · LS1-Leather Seat Upholstery · 3RA-Bose Audio Package

I pretty much retyped everything (with lots of copy and pasting) so I MAY have messed up an option. I think I got everything correct though.

Also, has there been any word if Mazda is still planning on relaxing the option restrictions come April? The dealer I went too didn't know of anything...

·
Registered
791 Posts
Reading Topic: 6I MT Option Restrictions

That's a lot more flexible when I was ordering!!!

Consequently I didn't get any options, but have added the 17" alloys and my own audio.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic '6I MT Option Restrictions'

Ya, it isn't TOO bad. Although they don't have what I really want: Sport Package with ABS. I also wouldn't mind Side Curtain Airbags and Bose, although I can go either way with both options.

If they end up offering ABS with Sport Package, I'll be running to the dealer. If not, I'll still be running to the dealer, but I'll have a seriously tough choice between the ABS or the Sport Package. Who would have ever thought that choosing between safety and looks would be so difficult! :D

·
Registered
73 Posts

Every Sport Package I4 and V6 M6 I have seen has the ABS and Traction Control. I believe that it's a part of the Sport Package, and therefore isn't spelled out.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

There is one at/ordered at

2003 MZ6 I
1YVHP80C935M23202

$23,975.00*

FRANKEL MAZDA
10400 YORK ROAD

COCKEYSVILLE , MARYLAND 21030
Phone: 4106665300

Equipped With

PREMIUM PACKAGE
COMFORT PACKAGE
SPORT PACKAGE
BOSE AUDIO PACKAGE
POWER MOONROOF

Another

2003 MZ6 I
1YVHP80C635M30978

$24,150.00*

KOONS MAZDA
375 BALTIMORE BLVD.

WESTMINSTER , MARYLAND 21157
Phone: 4108763244

Trim

I
Manual 5 Speed
Piston Engine

Colors

STEEL GRAY METALLIC
BLACK

Equipped With

PREMIUM PACKAGE
COMFORT PACKAGE
SPORT PACKAGE
BOSE AUDIO PACKAGE

POWER MOONROOF
SIDE AIR BAGS & SIDE AIR CURTAINS
ABS & TRACTION CONTROL (TCS)
LEATHER SEAT UPHOLSTERY

SIDE AIR BAGS & SIDE AIR CURTAINS
ABS & TRACTION CONTROL (TCS)
LEATHER SEAT UPHOLSTERY

So they are available

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Blackbird: I agree about the ABS. It is standard for the 6S, but for some reason it's kind of limited with the I model. It makes justifying a 20,000 - 23,000 purchase just a bit harder.

LBJay,

Thanks for looking up the info - although I guess I should have been clearer. I don't particularly want a more or less fully loaded 6I, and right now that's the only sport option that has ABS.

At the moment, I'm looking for:
6I MT
Bose Package (maybe - it's boomier than the regular speakers, a bit fuller, but not much clearer)
Sport Package
Premium Package (comes with Sport Package)
ABS & Traction Control
Side Air Bags & Side Air Curtains (maybe)
--- Plus other silly things like sports grill and those cool white taillights :D

Now, I have considered getting the 6 cyl MT with cloth seats, premium package, and Bose. 500 over invoice on that model is acceptable on my budget. However, in my area the dealers are making a huge deal about how they have to order 12 regular cars to get one Sport 6s with MT. So getting $500 over invoice may quickly become futile. Plus, I'm not sure if the decreased fuel efficiency is worth the spuratic moments when the extra power would be really useful and fun.

·
Registered
230 Posts

I don't know why a lot of the safety features are so restricted on the American 4 cyclinder models. In Canada, all 6's, regardless of engine and trim level, come standard with ABS and Traction Control, and all except the GS-i4 come with side and curtain airbags. Maybe Mazda thinks Canadians are more concerned about safety?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Many Americans are more concerned about price than safety. In fact, from what dealers have been saying, they haven't receieved alot of people asking about ABS and Sideair curtains. Now, moonroofs and leather, that's another story... Oh well.

Mazda has lost a sale for the time being, because the 6cyl MT are rare in my area and going for MSRP, and a fully loaded 4cyl is more money than I can comfortably afford right now.

If my car suddenly dies I MAY settle for a car w/out abs and side air bags. Otherwise, I'll wait and see if Mazda makes any updates for 2004 while I save for a bigger down payment.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts

I had made the assumption unfortunately that the i trim had ABS universally. Only realized a day or two after I brought mine home that it didn't. It doesn't bother me too much though, the stock brakes are very nice and I just have to be a little more careful when slippery.

And I figure the dual stage airbags up front will do just fine. Of course, when I totalled my old Volvo 240 I banged my head on the side window. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts