Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mako's first post car wash photo (May 27, 2014)

Mako next to a Great White

Aluminum valve caps

Sexy rear end before the "shave"

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
One Month Anniversary

So I decided to get Mako a small gift on our 1st month anniversary together.

I ordered from this link:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B1ENIQM/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Changing out the interior overhead lights is one of the easiest first mods you can make for your 6

The difference is like night and day!

Here's the front map lights...

Here's the rear dome lights...

Bright Whight even in daylight

Nighttime View

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Need moar pictures! Haha.
@FusionGT if you don't mind random cell phone pics, here you go...

Daytime driver view

Love the gauges and steering controls. Very informative. Will probably redo the steering wheel with perforated leather and some stitching though. Right now enjoying the car :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finishing up interior led mods

COURTESY LIGHTS

Found these around the house

I ordered them for the 2nd gen lease car but I guess I decided not to install them.

I used the for the courtesy lights on the doors.

It was a tight fit but they match the dome and map lights now.

TRUNK LIGHTING

I had a coupon for Harbor Freight and had to get some zip ties so I found a cool solution for the weak trunk lighting.

It mounts via magnet and doubles as an emergency flashlight.

I have another coupon so I might get more. LOL

And lastly, a simple GPS solution/Phone Mount

This "sticky pad" solution holds my phone so I can see the screen of the GPS while I'm driving.

It held firmly in place even during spirited driving.

A word of caution though, use the included 3M tape to be on the safe side. I didn't but I made sure my phone was snug and the windows were rolled up before my driving "test".

I placed the sticky pad at an angle on top of the center dash plastic grille.

All in all, happy about the results and my wallet is even happier!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
HID install

SDX H11 Kit bought here [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Xenon-Headlight-Conversion-SDX-6000K/dp/B008YFTJTG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402378434&sr=8-1&keywords=sdx+hid+h11[/ame]

I finally took time to do an HID install. It was much easier than I anticipated.

Tools used:
1) 10mm wrench
2) Gloves
3) Zip Ties

Steps:
1) Remove negative battery terminal
2) Remove the airbox cover
3) Remove the fuse box
4) Remove halogen bulbs
5) Install HID bulbs
6) Attach ballast
7) Reattach battery
8) Test
9) If it works, put it back together. If not, repeat steps 6 through 9.
10) Enjoy your Mazda 6!

Pic right after install:

Pic at night:

·
Registered
194 Posts
ooh looks good! no ddm tuning for you? haha

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ooh looks good! no ddm tuning for you? haha
Lol. I didn't expect to be bitten by the mod bug. I bought the cheapest kit on Amazon at the time. No regrets yet!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@JesseL,

My car came with McGuard locks from the dealer. If you want to stay as close to "stock" get those. If you want to have a little more safety by having a different manufacturer, you can get gorillas or what ever suits your needs.

Just remember, if they really want to steal your wheels they will find a way. I had some super secure wheel locks on a car that had some JDM wheels when I was younger. The would-be thieves couldn't take my locks off so they slashed my tires.

IMHO, a good insurance policy is better than fancy schmancy wheel locks unless the wheels are very rare.

Anyway, gorillas should work fine. Just make sure it matches the wheel you are putting them on. There are flat and "acorn" types. Also I would double check the lug size. I believe it's 12 x 1.25mm but please do some research to make sure.

I hope I was of some help! Good luck with your build!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Car looks great!

To add, gorilla locks are really great...BUT!!!...if you lose your socket, it is really a pain in the ass to get a new one. I suppose thats a nice thing knowing they wont just sell them to anyone without proof of ownership, but it really set me back a few days. I think they required pics of the wheel locks on the car, pic of the title with the matching vin in the picture, my drivers license

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I tried the HID install but failed to figure out how to plug the power source from the ballast to the battery therminal. The sdk plug don't fit the mazda female plug and I wasn't sure if I need to pull the entire cord out and connect it from the other end. Please help.

Thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts

SDX H11 Kit bought here http://www.amazon.com/Xenon-Headlight-Conversion-SDX-6000K/dp/B008YFTJTG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402378434&sr=8-1&keywords=sdx+hid+h11

I finally took time to do an HID install. It was much easier than I anticipated.

Tools used:
1) 10mm wrench
2) Gloves
3) Zip Ties

Steps:
1) Remove negative battery terminal
2) Remove the airbox cover
3) Remove the fuse box
4) Remove halogen bulbs
5) Install HID bulbs
6) Attach ballast
7) Reattach battery
8) Test
9) If it works, put it back together. If not, repeat steps 6 through 9.
10) Enjoy your Mazda 6!

Pic right after install:

Pic at night:

Do you know if the HID kit you installed will work on a 2016 Mazda 6 Touring (has H11's not HID's currently).

Thanks,

Winn

1 - 15 of 15 Posts