Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah except the entire document needs collating. It's super hard to read the text and study a picture when youre constantly scrolling back and forth, Plus with the text for the following step immediately under the picture your brain gets confused. I'm sure it's just how the PDF got parsed, but it's tough to read. All the information is invaluable though! My motor blew up yesterday so I'm getting ready to do a swap...

·
Registered
919 Posts
That is a really detailed guide I don't think I've seen before, I have no plans of doing an engine swap anytime soon but I did download and save this for myself or anyone else that might need it in the future. :smile2:
Same thing as I don't know where exactly I'll be going to use this but I saved a copy just in case someone else will need it.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Yah, I noticed that a bit ago. It was a real repository of information.
I just uploaded and am hosting (until otherwise notified) the Ford Fusion Motor Swap Guide originally posted by Steve Ehrhardt.
I'm glad somebody is posting this. I helped him get it compiled and posted on 6 Crew and still have copies of it saved, though I no longer have my 2005 V6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,898 Posts
Thanks for posting that DrFeelGood - I also have a copy in my Google Docs which I've linked somewhere on this forum at some point. Unfortunately, Steve won't ever be back on 6Club because (for some reason) he hates my guts and made that very evident the last time I was over there lol.

Oh well, no harm no foul.

I agree that it stinks they seem to have abandoned the site because there were some incredible die-hards over there who had a wealth of information.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Don't worry, Steve. He burned his bridges at 6 Crew, as well. Mercurial doesn't really describe him.

·
Super Moderator
16,898 Posts
Don't worry, Steve. He burned his bridges at 6 Crew, as well. Mercurial doesn't really describe him.

Just stinks to see so much knowledge and effort gone to waste. I'll never deny the helpfulness and immensity of that document.

Do you think any of the forum's DB has been preserved? IIRC they were also running on vBulletin so we could potentially harness the info and re-upload it to this site so it doesn't vanish.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just stinks to see so much knowledge and effort gone to waste. I'll never deny the helpfulness and immensity of that document.

Do you think any of the forum's DB has been preserved? IIRC they were also running on vBulletin so we could potentially harness the info and re-upload it to this site so it doesn't vanish.
That is a smart idea :nerd:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
That would be true. I just hit Justin up to see what's happening.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
It would be sweet if you guys can get there info on here...I've only recently joined, but there are a lot of threads I've come across that reference or point to info on that site....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Does anyone have the DIY-3-0L-V6-Oil-Control-Valve-Seal-Replacement guide?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Does anyone have the DIY-3-0L-V6-Oil-Control-Valve-Seal-Replacement guide?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Not sure that anyone here has it I've tried to find it with no luck, @GerryB said hes trying to contact the owner from 6crew and hopefully we can get some of the stuff from over there. Had we had some notice that the site was going away I'm sure that some people would have copied some of the information but the shutdown was kind of unexpected.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
In the Fusion engine swap PDF (Page 155, linked earlier), it talks about how to change the seal too.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
208 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Sweet! I was wondering if that was a dealer only item since Rockauto didnt have it listed.
from what I understand the dealers wont even sell you just the seal from everything I found on here they will only sell you the entire valve cover. I'm glad I found them, I'm going to be doing my valve cover gaskets in the very near future and I know that I'm going to destroy those dried out rubber seals in the process I thought I was going to have to try and make something of my own to go in there.

BTW thanks for pointing out that it was in the Fusion Swap manual I hadn't thought to look there, it even has the instructions for the valve cover gaskets

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
from what I understand the dealers wont even sell you just the seal from everything I found on here they will only sell you the entire valve cover. I'm glad I found them, I'm going to be doing my valve cover gaskets in the very near future and I know that I'm going to destroy those dried out rubber seals in the process I thought I was going to have to try and make something of my own to go in there.

BTW thanks for pointing out that it was in the Fusion Swap manual I hadn't thought to look there, it even has the instructions for the valve cover gaskets

Yeah no problem, I had been studying that manual the last few days since I'll be doing it here in the coming weeks.

We should be thanking @DrFeelGood for saving and posting the link :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
For anyone interested while its still impossible to join, 6crew is accessible again

21 - 40 of 47 Posts