Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got 600 darllers set aside to spend on my car, I'd like to know whats some good mods and where I can get them done, because I dont know how to do it myself

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
6i or 6s? What are you interested in? Speed? Handling? Looks? Comfort? Audio?

I'll assume you have a 6s. I'd say, CP-E intake, you can do it yourself. But that's like 500 bucks, so you'd only have 100 left. You could probably get some used springs for about that. You could also come close to getting a Mazdaspeed short shifter, also a good upgrade.

Personally, my favorite upgrade is custom leather seats to replace my cloth from www.leatherseats.com. I'm also a fan of rims/tires, and mild lowering springs.

·
Registered
405 Posts
engine mount + cpe

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Springs + Tint + Exhaust + Stubby Antenna

That should cover parts + install, and you might have $100 left over

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 6s Semi-Auto, I'm getting Silver 35 or 40% tint, and I'm interested in moding looks or speed/power

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
bomz cai and injen cp-e fix-330
springs-150 used
cpe engine mount-150

20 over but that's a good starting point.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Depends on what you want more: style or performance.

And even then you could also go a a bunch of 'small' style mods (IE interior LED's, shark fin antenna, clear side markers, etc), or blow it on one or two (new tails, lip, etc).

My preference would be getting the most bang for my buck. I'd be mad if all I got out of $600 was a mod or two.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Springs + Tint + Exhaust + Stubby Antenna

That should cover parts + install, and you might have $100 left over
[/b]
I'm assuming those parts would be used, cuz I don't see how he could possibly get new Springs and Exhaust, and have it all installed for $500...

...not to mention the tint

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
AEM CAI for $200
Magnaflow Catback for $400

And you can install both yourself. Very simple!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Depends on what you want more: style or performance.

And even then you could also go a a bunch of 'small' style mods (IE interior LED's, shark fin antenna, clear side markers, etc), or blow it on one or two (new tails, lip, etc).

My preference would be getting the most bang for my buck. I'd be mad if all I got out of $600 was a mod or two.
[/b]
I agree with awaken6. Bulbs are cheap, change all the lights and add neons under dash. Hell, have a couple wired to your trunk light for 20 bucks cuz the trunk light is a POS. Its gives the car a COMPLETELY different look. I like injen so I'd get the 200 kit from RPMstore... or for free you can do the air box mod, shave the emblems and door guards. convert the side and trunk lights into turn sigs. ...basically look at my signature. With the except of the CAI and VIPER system, everything else was under 500. You just dont have the $$$ for speed right now :-(

But the BEST advice of all..............
get a notebook, make sure your printer's working and research!

your gonna put most of your money into someone else's pocket if you dont learn. The threads in the forums THOROUGHLY answer 99% of the questions!!

Welcome to the club

·
Registered
867 Posts
Wish someone just gave me $600 and said get whatever mods you want :D

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
if you have to ask, you're not ready to mod yet.
?? I think the injen CP-E fix only works on the INJEN intake.
[/b]
from what i've read/compared and personally held together in my hands, they are identical in shape i don't see why one wouldn't work on the other. well that and i was told by a friend of mine who owns a performance shop in town that unless the company(CP-E) personally makes the tubes themself, they're almost all made at the same place from the same machine. i myself am ordering the injen fix for my bomz intake next week and i'll dyno in october so i'll post results.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My thoughts are Sports grill (less than 100), Mazda Speed springs 250-300, and a rear swaybar of your choice (130-160). Use the left over 50-100 to get a shop to swap out the springs on the front assembly. Your car will look lots better with a drop, and handle better. You won't be dissapointed. Good luck in whatever you decide.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
from what i've read/compared and personally held together in my hands, they are identical in shape i don't see why one wouldn't work on the other. well that and i was told by a friend of mine who owns a performance shop in town that unless the company(CP-E) personally makes the tubes themself, they're almost all made at the same place from the same machine. i myself am ordering the injen fix for my bomz intake next week and i'll dyno in october so i'll post results.
[/b]
Good luck with that....

You have a 6i or 6s?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts