Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M6 *without* the spoiler/ground fx

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, hopefully, in the next month or so I will be getting a Mazda 6 sedan. My choice of colors will be either the Silver or Steel Grey. I will want the 17

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reading Topic: 6 With or Without Spoiler/ground fx?

It didn't post my message properly for some reason. Doh! Here it is:

-------------------------------------

Well, hopefully, in the next month or so I will be getting a Mazda 6 sedan. My choice of colors will be either the Silver or Steel Grey. I will want the 17" wheels for sure. The problem I'm having is with the spoiler and ground fx: I don't know if I want them or not.

I've seen the steel grey in person with the spoiler/ground fx and it looked pretty good. Just don't know if I want the cliched "boy racer" looks. I saw another one without the spoiler/ground fx and it just didn't stand out as much. *Although*, it did not have the 17" wheels, just the 16"s.

So, what are your opinions on this and why?

·
Registered
657 Posts

Personally, I think the sport kit & wing give it enough of a sporty look, without going over the edge into ricer territory. For example, I was at an Audi dealer yesterday shopping for an A4 convertible for my father, and all the salesman were complimenting me on my car as soon as I showed up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Replying to Topic '6 With or Without Spoiler/ground fx?'

I like the M6 better with the wing... but even better with the rear lip spoiler. :hoho

·
Registered
58 Posts

well...silver with sport package looks really nice...believe me...i have one :p :D

·
Registered
212 Posts

I originally liked the gfx but thought the spoiler was a bit too much. But it's grown on me and now that I own one, I wouldn't buy one without the package. It looks agressive yet not over the top. Certainly gives it a nice edge in the looks department over most other sedans. But if you don't like flashy, the plain 6 sedan looks good too :)

But seriously, how can you NOT love this (Warning: Shameless whoring-out of my vehicle follows):

:love

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Sweet but why are your plates made out of paper? :)

For the first time I like the red lights. Looks good on a sliver car. No if they didn't bulge it would be even nicer :)

·
Registered
212 Posts

Sweet but why are your plates made out of paper? :)[/b]
That is a temporary license plate you get here from the dealer when you buy a car. The real thing arrives in the mail a few weeks later. I haven't got mine yet.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I'm gonna vote for it. I usually don't like fx packages, but the '6 does it without being gaudy or looking like tacked-on plastic. Well, maybe a little gaudy. But it's done well.

·
Registered
315 Posts

The coolest thing about the sport package is that the look is NOT an add on. It is actually styled to look that way. The front and rear pieces are not add ons or glued on, they are designed to look like that. There is a Mazda kit that 'adds' the front lip and rear valance along with the lip spoiler but those distinctly look "added on".

BTW, I too would like to see a 6 with sport package but with the smaller lip spoiler.
That might be real sharp. As of now, I don't think you can order a sport package with no spoiler, can you?

Tome

·
Registered
105 Posts

I remember reading about someone that had the dealer replace the trunk lid so as not to have the rear wing... looked pretty sweet. I'd still much rather have a lip spoiler though. :D

·
Registered
543 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: 6 With or Without Spoiler/ground fx?

I'd originally voted with spoiler & ground fx, but I'd like to change that now.

After driving one and getting in and out, etc., the other night, I noticed that my jeans rubbed on the side skirting every time. Which, if it's nasty weather out (rain, snowy, etc.); that skirting is going to get dirty, and my clothes will also get dirty. :( And thinking long-term, I'd rather not have that hassle, as I plan to keep my 6 (when I get it) for as long as I can - I've been driving my current car for 10 years if that's any indication. :D

So now, my vote is FOR the Spoiler, but NOT the ground fx. They still look nice like that.

I, too, would also like to see some decent pictures of some 6's, with and without Sport Package, that have the Lip Spoiler. Havent' seen any yet, and that Japan garage thing doesn't give you that good a looksee.

·
Registered
446 Posts

Wow, that's a pretty cool site...you can zoom but it's still tough to get an overall idea of the parts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts