Mazda 6 Forums banner

6 vs G35

11K views 40 replies 29 participants last post by  Foxtrot00 
#1 ·
For those of you who like the G35 Coupe and currently have a 6, if price wasn't an issue, would you have gone with the 6 still or gotten the G35 Coupe? Why or why not? Granted, the price difference may not be an issue to all. For those who have driven the G35, how's the driving feel compared to the 6? :wavey:

#3 ·
Originally posted by SLVR04M6@Jul 18 2005, 03:09 PM
For those of you who like the G35 Coupe and currently have a 6, if price wasn't an issue, would you have gone with the 6 still or gotten the G35 Coupe?  Why or why not?  Granted, the price difference may not be an issue to all.  For those who have driven the G35, how's the driving feel compared to the 6? :wavey:
[snapback]459631[/snapback]​
G35 - Finish of the cabin, more power, higher end look. I'd get the sedan, though.

#5 ·
Well, I was looking specifically for a sedan when I was looking for a car. All that power in the G35 is useless to me if I don't have the room to haul luggage, golf clubs, paintball gear, my astronomy stuff, friends, etc. Add to the fact that I was looking for a daily commuter car. Also, I needed a car that will somewhat make NJ winters manageable. Hence, why I bought the 6.

#6 ·
Originally posted by MDCamel06@Jul 18 2005, 04:22 PM
My friend has one and i love it but for me i just feel like the 6 is more my type of car. Cause i like having 4 doors and i dont think the g35 handles all that much better.
[snapback]459638[/snapback]​
My sister has a g35 coupe with the suspension package and it handles much better than my 6. I would take the coupe over the 6 any day. I know some people dont like the front of the g35 but when you get the chin spoiler it looks hot.

#8 ·
I absolutely LOVE the G35 coupe. It's my favorite car on the road at the moment. It would have to be the coupe and not the sedan though. There's a world of difference between those two models. I love my 6, but I have to admit that I'd drop it in a second if I could have gotten the G35 at the same price :blush:

#10 ·
i would go with a G35 Coupe

#16 ·
Originally posted by JBalla1036@Jul 18 2005, 03:47 PM
I would change in a heartbeat the G35 is the car i'm gettin next. There is soooo much room for improvment and u dont have to worry as much about the stupid transmission.
[snapback]459799[/snapback]​
Not a huge car buff, what is there to worry about with the 6 transmission? What are some of the improvements you are talking about? I hear ya though, G35 is my next car for sure! What color Balla1036?

#17 ·
Originally posted by speedracer6@Jul 18 2005, 01:27 PM
G35 - Finish of the cabin, more power, higher end look.  I'd get the sedan, though.
[snapback]459643[/snapback]​
The G35 was not meant to be a sedan, it looks horrible as a sedan! :nono:

:slap: <-speedracer6 "get the coupe!" :nana:

#18 ·
Originally posted by Guinea Pig@Jul 18 2005, 04:57 PM
I absolutely LOVE the G35 coupe. It's my favorite car on the road at the moment. It would have to be the coupe and not the sedan though. There's a world of difference between those two models. I love my 6, but I have to admit that I'd drop it in a second if I could have gotten the G35 at the same price  :blush:
[snapback]459846[/snapback]​
Yup, love my 6, but i want the G35, though if it ever came down to trading in my 6 for a G35 it would be very hard to let go of my 6........... :wacko: i'm conflicted! My solution, have both cars! :love:

#19 ·
Here's a tough one, what color does the G35 look best in? I'd most likely get the white, though the blue and smoke gray are nice as well. For sure I wouldn't get the black or red, aside from that i can't think of what other colors in comes in.

#21 ·
I love the G35 Coupe...but think the 6 is better looking the than the G35 Sedan. I got a ride in a dark blue over light tan '05 G35X (the AWD version) last week...I was very impressed....impressed enough to pay over $10K more than what I paid & to lose the functionality of the Hatch? Hell no.

#23 ·
i have driven both. Quite a few times i have driven the g35. One of my coworkers has it and we trade cars to go on our dinner breaks every now and then.

My impressions of the infinity are that its much faster....BUT harder to drive. I found the transmission in the g35 a little awkword and hard to get used to. Definately different than the stick shift in the 6. Driving the g35 you can feel the engine rumbling through your hand on the shifter, not sure if i like that or not. Gear engagement is much quicker in the g35 as well. Wouldn't mind havin a 6spd tranny in my 6 either!

overall i like my 6 and i wouldn't trade for the g35. The looks of the 6 are FAR superior to that of the infinity coupe and sedan version. I don't really like the look of the G.

He's got a set of 20in TSW Thruxton wheels on there and is planning to throw a turbo kit on there soon as well. That will DEF be an interesting drive! i'll keep you guys posted if he gets around to that turbo this summer or not.

#24 ·
If price was not an issue i would have a G35 coupe, baby seats be damned. It is by far my favorite car on the road right now. I would even take a G35x sedan, if it came with a manual. But i am not willing to cross the $30k barrier at this point in my life.

#26 ·
Originally posted by SLVR04M6@Jul 19 2005, 01:29 AM
For sure I wouldn't get the black or red, aside from that i can't think of what other colors in comes in.
[snapback]460107[/snapback]​
Those are my favorite colors on that car. I'd probably go for black. It's classic, steathly, and looks fantastic with a set of silver wheels.

If I could afford it, I'd make my 6 the daily driver and the G35 my play car. Unlikely to get that by my girlfriend though. This thread is giving me buyer's remorse...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.