Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
There are 5 speeds. AFAIK From the factory the 6 speed only came on the Speed6. If you can find a Ford product with the FWD 3.0 duratec & 6 speed....you could probably make it work without much custom work otherwise things get spendy quick. I know the Fusions only came with autos so you'll have to research if there are any Ford Sedans that have that set up.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The ST220 Mondeo in the UK. At the very least you would need....transmission, axles, transmission mounts, shifter, and shift cables. Not sure what else is different, such as subframe, clutch, and any speed sensors on the trans itself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yesterday I was told I need a new transmission for my 2007 Mazda 6. Since the ATX was the only option in that model year in the top trim for the wagon (was still available in the sedan and hatchback), I've been waiting to replace it like the parts sharing vehicle (the Aston Martin Vanquish power plant has some parts commonality, not two of them welded together as wags say). That was a $20k switch out, not overboard for a $200k car. At a $5500 repair for a car that might privately sell for $3600, not the best option in the universe.

Talking with the owner of Dublin Mazda might be helpful. He races an RX-7, met him at Indy (yes, THAT Indy, historic car racing day) in 2017 and met again in January at Sonoma Raceway.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Yesterday I was told I need a new transmission for my 2007 Mazda 6. Since the ATX was the only option in that model year in the top trim for the wagon (was still available in the sedan and hatchback), I've been waiting to replace it like the parts sharing vehicle (the Aston Martin Vanquish power plant has some parts commonality, not two of them welded together as wags say).
Sorry, I'm totally confused by your post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts