Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have a 2006 6i and im going to be putting in some hids soon and i wanted to know where you guys are mounting the ballast.... pictures would be awesome.
and if you have 4500k or 5k and you have a good picture of the color of the bulb could you also post that b/c im not sure which one of those 2 i want.

·
Registered
440 Posts
This is my Prolumen Kit 8000k on my 05 6i. Couldnt get pics of the bulbs cuz its crappy snowing outside and my camera isnt taking the best night shots right now, aka Im still learning the camera. This is how I mounted my ballasts.

B

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot!
still would like to see more places unless there are the standard locations that most people use

i dont have a CAI so mounting on the fuse box would be kind of difficult i think

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Most of us mount the ballasts to the bottom of the headlight.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea... i saw a post on that but i want them to be in an easy spot to get to if one blows or something like that.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Here are mine, i just installed them a few days ago, love em! 35w 4500k. I installed the ballast via the double sided tap that they came with and mounted to the panel below the air box on the driver side and behind the wipe fluid resevior on the passenger side. clean it up really good first with brake cleaner.

http://s950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/F...pg&newest=1

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have my passenger one on the wiper fluid container and my drivers side on the bumper. I also have the 4000k and they give you a pure crisp white look. If you decide to do the halos the whites match almost perfectly. ill try to get pics if i can steal my g/fs camera.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the help.
i guess ill go with the airbox on the right light and maybe the washer fluid tank on the left.
and halozander where did you get the parking light bulb? ebay?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Try this or this one the first one is a bit cheaper, that is where i got mine and alot of members have gotten theirs. Either site is good quality tho just all preference really. Ive had mine for a year and a half and no problems.

O and Halozander where those hard to install (the blinkers) even with the load resistors and all?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Also when you mount the ballast depending on which ones you get i would use the 3M double sided tape. I have the raptor series DDM lights and i used the 2 sided tape they provided and mine dropped with in a week. Mine are mounted underneath my headlights though so gravity does not help.

Here are mine with 55w 5000k lows and 35w 5000k fogs:

Mounted under headlight:

·
Registered
684 Posts
QUOTE (Andreww @ Feb 17 2010, 11:52 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637674
should i get a 55w kit or get a 35?
can the 55w melt my stock wiring or anything else?[/b]

I shouldnt I am currently running 55w 5k on my low beams on stock wiring.

·
Registered
277 Posts
i heard HID's are illegal, but why? Many cars come with them now?? I threw some on my car and dont want the hassle

·
Registered
189 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
QUOTE (Andreww @ Feb 18 2010, 04:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1638006
they arent illegal if they are in a projector (which all the 6's have[/b]
Not true. They're still illegal in a 6. They're only legal if they're housed in an HID projector. Halogen projectors, including those that are on the 6, are constructed differently and are not DOT approved for HID bulbs.

However, that being said, the chances of getting pulled over for HIDs is very slim. Unless you run a ridiculous color, or you have your lights aimed high enough that it's annoying the crap out of everybody around you, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just got an '06 6i and am looking to change over my H1 HID's from my old car to my 6i. How hard was the wiring since the '06 6i has the multi-pin connector to connect all the lights?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts