Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 608 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
dqs127:

Dude... that's quite a list. That should be a sticky or something.

Check here for your LED's. I think you'll be surprised what they are REALLY worth:

http://www.digikey.com
http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/C052/1552.pdf <-- Click for catalog page. (prices are CAD)

StevenKim:

Ya... i moded my car slightly. Nothing performance wise. But just a couple of tweeks here and there. You went with HIDs did you? I was thinking about them Silverstar bulbs. You know if they are any good?

·
Registered
32 Posts
StevenKim:

Ya... i moded my car slightly.  Nothing performance wise.  But just a couple of tweeks here and there.  You went with HIDs did you?  I was thinking about them Silverstar bulbs.  You know if they are any good?
[snapback]453513[/snapback]​
Yah, I chose the HID route - and like everyone would agree, this car should have come with them factory-installed in North America. The dealership installer even noted that there was an actual location to mount the ballasts and igniters. He did a very professional installation, with no wires hanging anywhere or what not.

I had Silverstar bulbs in my old car, and they're not too bad... definitely whiter than standard Halogen. Just don't bother with any of those ricer bulbs... especially ones that are higher wattage.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Originally posted by StevenKim@Jul 12 2005, 06:15 PM
I had Silverstar bulbs in my old car, and they're not too bad... definitely whiter than standard Halogen.  Just don't bother with any of those ricer bulbs... especially ones that are higher wattage.
[snapback]454300[/snapback]​

Would you recommed the Silverstar's? I mean if you have experiance with them. Or are they definatly not worth the money?

Maybe I'll look at HID's later on... but for now....

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Originally posted by vovan@Aug 12 2005, 09:11 AM
Hi Guys,

I am from Edmonton as well :)

:drive:
[snapback]482892[/snapback]​

Right own.... another black one. Is that a 5 door or sedan?
:thumbup:

I know this might seem annoying but you should change your side markers to clear ones. It makes the Black car look so much better... it's a very suttle change but a nice one.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?act=...pe=post&id=4643

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Smilinvamp@Aug 12 2005, 11:26 AM
Right own.... another black one.  Is that a 5 door or sedan?
:thumbup:
I know this might seem annoying but you should change your side markers to clear ones.  It makes the Black car look so much better... it's a very suttle change but a nice one.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?act=...pe=post&id=4643
[snapback]483042[/snapback]​
Thanks Smilinvamp,
It is 5 door. I never even consider about side markers.. that's look great.. going to get one soon.

Is there any guys from Edmonton here?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Originally posted by vovan@Aug 12 2005, 03:04 PM
Thanks Smilinvamp,
It is 5 door. I never even consider about side markers.. that's look great.. going to get one soon.

Is there any guys from Edmonton here?
[snapback]483253[/snapback]​

They are very easy to install.... I got mine from RPM. I think it's revolutionsix.com or something. But I think he may be out of stock right now. You could check though.

Here is some install instructions if you need them:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=36065

As for people from Edmonton... if you go back a few messages I think there was one guy on this tread that was from Edmonton.... can't remember his name off hand.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Red Deer

Bought mine on Tuesday!

No pic yet, still haven't had the chance (damn rain).

Dark Grey, 6 Sedan, V6, you know everything else I am sure.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Originally posted by jaybag@Aug 27 2005, 08:32 AM
Red Deer

Bought mine on Tuesday!

No pic yet, still haven't had the chance (damn rain).

Dark Grey, 6 Sedan, V6, you know everything else I am sure.
[snapback]493778[/snapback]​

Cool! Another.... good choice on the Grey I think. The Black is real awsome after about 3 hours of waxing... otherwise it always looks dirty.

...How do you find it so far?

·
Registered
356 Posts
So far I love my new car.

I am already thinking of things to do to it... I am going to swap the orange side markers for clear, maybe buy some grey eyelids, and I am thinking about getting some different taillights, but I have tons of time to do that. Although I already "modded" my stereo and turned off the beep!

It is a lot more fun to drive than the old '85 prelude, and I really enjoy having a car that I fit into (being 6'3").

Again, I love my new car.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Originally posted by jaybag@Aug 27 2005, 10:58 PM
So far I love my new car.

I am already thinking of things to do to it... I am going to swap the orange side markers for clear, maybe buy some grey eyelids, and I am thinking about getting some different taillights, but I have tons of time to do that.  Although I already "modded" my stereo and turned off the beep!

It is a lot more fun to drive than the old '85 prelude, and I really enjoy having a car that I fit into (being 6'3").

Again, I love my new car.
[snapback]494224[/snapback]​

Cool, ya so far my mods have been cosmetic too. I'm gonna try and do some performace stuff next summer. It's hard to build a 4x4 and a car at the same time. Glad to see Mazda pulled you from the clutches of Honda. I'm 6' 2" - I know what you mean... coming from a Full size Blazer I was concered about leg room.

So far On my 6 I have made some diamond plate floor mats, tribal flame pedal set, eyelids, clear side markers (best mod ever), and painted the calipers.

If you like info on where to get any of that stuff I'd be happy to help you out.

TTYL

·
Registered
356 Posts
Originally posted by Smilinvamp@Aug 28 2005, 06:49 AM

If you like info on where to get any of that stuff I'd be happy to help you out.

[snapback]494318[/snapback]​
Well, thanks for the offer.

I guess you would be a good person to ask, and maybe some of the other Albertans in here could answer this too. How do you find the stock 17" tires for handling in winter. I know there is a thread already for this in another part of the forum, but I don't really care about Ontario or New York or wherever else those people are from. I am planning on getting winter tires, but I am just curious how desperately I need them.

Another question, do you guys do lots of stuff together, like Mazda in the Mountains. I think that would be something cool to get into (although I would always be shown up as I don't quite have the cash to drop on my car that I some people do). But it would be cool to hang out with some other 6 owners. I would come to MIM today but already got roped into going to the zoo with my wife.

Anyways, talk to you later.

Peace (or soemthing)

jaybag

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
The Mazda in the Mountains gig was set up by FunkyBudda form the protege club. We just hung out with them...

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=77

You may want to hang out there above. It's a little more interesting than here.

As for tires... I drive the stock tires in winter... they work fine. You can't get winter tires for the 17's I don't think. You have to get those steel wheels with the rubber I think. They may rub and wreck your fender wells anyway. But don't take my word for that... I'd talk to your dealer about winter tires if your lookin'.

StevenKim says his tires work good too... I'd just try it for a bit and if you really still want winter tires then get them later.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Jaybag,

Congratulations on the purchase!
Those other posts with people complaining about winter driving in NY or TO should be disregarded. I don't mean to be cocky - but they just need to learn how to drive in the winter!

The Michelin Pilots that the car is equipped with are decent for wet/icy weather conditions. Also, the torque peak on Mazda6s is much higher - which helps wheelspin... but it depends on what you've driven before. Before I bought mine, I had a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT and all its torque was in the low RPM range. That, coupled with the miserable Goodyear Eagle RS-As made driving in the winter quite interesting.

Depending on where and how far you drive - you should be fine. But the stock rims are the "Porsche-inspired" kind that stick out and have no lip. That certainly doesn't make them curb friendly. If you're concerned with ruining them, then I'd suggest getting winter tires and 16" rims as well (Bridgestone makes Blizzaks for 215/50R17 rims but they're not cheap).

Regarding Mazda meets... I don't think you really have to worry about "being shown up" because the emphasis is meeting based on a common interest - not just mods. I chose to spend more on a Mazda6 rather than purchase a Mazda3 and "rice it out" to the max. I don't feel that I'm not respected for my choice. There's nothing wrong with stock configuration, or subtle mods. Lol, but maybe I'm biased.

Anyhow, welcome and enjoy.

Steven

Originally posted by jaybag@Aug 28 2005, 10:35 AM
Well, thanks for the offer.

I guess you would be a good person to ask, and maybe some of the other Albertans in here could answer this too.  How do you find the stock 17" tires for handling in winter.  I know there is a thread already for this in another part of the forum, but I don't really care about Ontario or New York or wherever else those people are from.  I am planning on getting winter tires, but I am just curious how desperately I need them.

Another question, do you guys do lots of stuff together, like Mazda in the Mountains.  I think that would be something cool to get into (although I would always be shown up as I don't quite have the cash to drop on my car that I some people do).  But it would be cool to hang out with some other 6 owners.  I would come to MIM today but already got roped into going to the zoo with my wife.

Anyways, talk to you later.

Peace (or soemthing)

jaybag
[snapback]494395[/snapback]​

·
Registered
356 Posts
Originally posted by StevenKim@Aug 29 2005, 01:15 AM

Regarding Mazda meets... I don't think you really have to worry about "being shown up" because the emphasis is meeting based on a common interest - not just mods.  I chose to spend more on a Mazda6 rather than purchase a Mazda3 and "rice it out" to the max.  I don't feel that I'm not respected for my choice.  There's nothing wrong with stock configuration, or subtle mods. Lol, but maybe I'm biased.
[snapback]494878[/snapback]​
Yeah, I agree with that completely. Plus my wife wouldn't be too pleased if I started dropping a ton of cash on mods after buying a brand new car.

I have installed the clear side markers and I think I am going to leave it at that for the time being. I actually can't think of anything I actually want to spend money on right now.

Anyways, are there gonna be anymore meets before winter finally hits, or are we waiting for spring now? I would like to get in on one sometime before the snow flies.

Anyways, it has been 2 months and I still love the car. Nothing to fix on warranty yet, but I will keep my fingers crossed.

Anyways, back to work I guess.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Originally posted by jaybag@Oct 17 2005, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I agree with that completely.  Plus my wife wouldn't be too pleased if I started dropping a ton of cash on mods after buying a brand new car.

I have installed the clear side markers and I think I am going to leave it at that for the time being.  I actually can't think of anything I actually want to spend money on right now.

Anyways, are there gonna be anymore meets before winter finally hits, or are we waiting for spring now?  I would like to get in on one sometime before the snow flies.

Anyways, it has been 2 months and I still love the car.  Nothing to fix on warranty yet, but I will keep my fingers crossed.

Anyways, back to work I guess.
[snapback]536124[/snapback]​

The 4 of us could grab a coffee or something??? LOL!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Originally posted by Smilinvamp@Oct 19 2005, 12:21 PM
The 4 of us could grab a coffee or something???  LOL!
[snapback]537704[/snapback]​

Haha, yeah no doubt. Next time I am in Calgary. :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Anybody in Calgary going to the Stones tonight???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Folks,

I've had a red Mazda6 V6 since 2003, located here in Edmonton. I've driven it from coast to coast and enjoyed every moment of it (52,000kms so far)! Although, it was purchased for its fun factor, I am amazed at how practical a family sedan this really is (I'm constantly amazed at how much you can pack into this vehicle).

The only change I've made to my 6, so far, is my tires. THe stock Pilot's were fine for the first winter, and absolutely horrifying for the next. One of the tires was close to being bald and the others were starting to show a lot of wear. So switched them up for Nokian WRs, the only all-seasons with the extreme weather (winter tire) rating - practicality and cost won out over performance (saved me the cost of buying new summer and winter tires, not to mention winter rims) handles great but not quite as precise as stock.

Also looking to do a few "cheap" mods as they become available. Would be curious to know if anyone has done any mods and where they got the parts. Just fyi, I recently discovered that Mopac Auto Supply has the AEM CAI for $252.00 (including tax) which is more than a $100 bucks cheaper than driverfx.ca. Mopac seems to be the cheapest in town....still debating if a CAI is worth the investment and the extra ~10hp and torque.

Anyhoo see you on the street!

41 - 60 of 608 Posts
About this Discussion
607 Replies
58 Participants
Sacs
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing