Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 608 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Originally posted by Test_Drive@Jul 6 2005, 08:27 PM
Hehe, there may only be one "Onyx Black", but you may not get that colour when the parts guy hands it over to ya.  Before you shake the damn thing, they all look the same:  dark.

BTW, dark grey metallic (steel grey in the USA) is 26X.

For the 2004 thing:  Think of it as a mid-year change, as car manufacturers update things all the time without waiting into next year.  It's only confusing because the model year designation doesn't match that of USA cars, which is unusual.  As to why Mazda switched:  I hear it was a cost issue, radio reception performance issue, supplier issue.  Take your pick!  :nana:

I only know this, because I was shopping the 6 at the time.  Due to some funny circumstances, I didn't buy until Dec 2004.

Test_Drive
[snapback]449395[/snapback]​

...I see it was a slight on the parts guy. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
there's also a non-sport lapis blue 6 in the rez apts at uofc, and a white sport 6 that's always parked at the brentwood london drugs (prolly an employee).

fyi, for those of you in calgary who want to get minor to moderate paint work done, i know a guy who does all of northhill and kramer mazda's repairs. he's got all the mazda colors and i can vouch for his work. great rates too.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Originally posted by Disko Fleshpot@Jul 7 2005, 09:05 AM
there's also a non-sport lapis blue 6 in the rez apts at uofc, and a white sport 6 that's always parked at the brentwood london drugs (prolly an employee).

fyi, for those of you in calgary who want to get minor to moderate paint work done, i know a guy who does all of northhill and kramer mazda's repairs. he's got all the mazda colors and i can vouch for his work. great rates too.
[snapback]449791[/snapback]​
...oh ya, I forgot about that Blue one.

So this guy you know does paint? The reason I was looking for paint was that I ordered these eyelids. They come unpainted... I was going to use touch up paint to paint them. Maybe he could look at that... what do you think?

·
Registered
123 Posts
yeah i'm sure he could do those eyelids. he's a freelancer, but he does all of the scratch/paint repair for northhill and kramer. pm me and i'll get you his name and number so you can ask him.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another Albertan here. Edmonton. My 6S is an 05 steel grey. Just got it a few weeks ago. What a car ! I love it .... so far !

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Originally posted by guhed@Jul 7 2005, 12:35 PM
Another Albertan here.  Edmonton.  My 6S is an 05 steel grey.  Just got it a few weeks ago.  What a car !  I love it .... so far !
[snapback]449983[/snapback]​

...I like the "...so far" on the end. :D The car gives a little grief sometimes but if you can over look that it's an awsome car. And by the looks of things you may also take pride in having a quite unique car as well. Have you seen many in Edmonton?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not too many 6's. A lot of 3's though. My wife drives a Tribute and I was always impressed with the handling (for an SUV) and then I test drove my 6 and the rest is history !

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Originally posted by guhed@Jul 7 2005, 02:15 PM
Not too many 6's.  A lot of 3's though.  My wife drives a Tribute and I was always impressed with the handling (for an SUV) and then I test drove my 6 and the rest is history !
[snapback]450076[/snapback]​

Did you get the auto or the manual?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Originally posted by guhed@Jul 7 2005, 02:38 PM
Manual
[snapback]450092[/snapback]​

AH! I see... yes I'm thinking you will be having much fun. :seeya:
...The auto's are kinda flakey. But I deal with it...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I test drove the automatic also but found myself using the sportshift right off the bat so decided on the manual.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow, there's actually a community of Mazda6 owners in Calgary! Lol...

I'll add my two cents of dealer service... Kramer has done the fan control module replacement on mine, and had the car detailed in and out when I got it back. I figured that it was just to keep me quiet about the RECALL (funny how the letter I got from Mazda Canada refers to it as a "Special Service Program" or whatever - no mention of the word recall). They also fixed my rocking driver's seat.
North Hill Mazda has replaced the front brake pads and machined the rotors without any hassle (under warranty), and fixed a supposed rattle in my sunroof that I didn't even complain about. They could duplicate a front dash rattle, but ah well. It's actually surprised me how accomodating these two dealerships have been. Try taking a Honda in for warranty or TSB work heheh...

As for the number of Mazda6's on the road - I have to say that it's kind of neat to be driving a car that isn't as ubiquitous as a Camry or Accord. But nonetheless, it must be frustrating as heck for Mazda to have accumulated over 100 awards for a car that does not seem to be selling all that well. I guess that Mazda is, and will continue to be a "niche" automaker that caters to enthusiasts over the mass market.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Originally posted by StevenKim@Jul 9 2005, 04:30 AM
Wow, there's actually a community of Mazda6 owners in Calgary!  Lol...

I'll add my two cents of dealer service...  Kramer has done the fan control module replacement on mine, and had the car detailed in and out when I got it back.  I figured that it was just to keep me quiet about the RECALL (funny how the letter I got from Mazda Canada refers to it as a "Special Service Program" or whatever - no mention of the word recall).  They also fixed my rocking driver's seat.
North Hill Mazda has replaced the front brake pads and machined the rotors without any hassle (under warranty), and fixed a supposed rattle in my sunroof that I didn't even complain about.  They could duplicate a front dash rattle, but ah well.  It's actually surprised me how accomodating these two dealerships have been.  Try taking a Honda in for warranty or TSB work heheh...

As for the number of Mazda6's on the road - I have to say that it's kind of neat to be driving a car that isn't as ubiquitous as a Camry or Accord.  But nonetheless, it must be frustrating as heck for Mazda to have accumulated over 100 awards for a car that does not seem to be selling all that well.  I guess that Mazda is, and will continue to be a "niche" automaker that caters to enthusiasts over the mass market.
[snapback]451279[/snapback]​

I almost bought a Chrysler 300, evern thought of a new Mustang... but I went back to the 6. I don't regret a thing... I can see those other 2 cars anytime, I just have to go for a 5 minute drive. :thumbup:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hey! I met another Calgary 6 today. The guy had a White 5-door at the car wash today. He had just bought it a couple of months ago.

Now I have yet to see a red one... I've seen at least one of each color now except red.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Has anyone made any modifications to their car? I don't imagine that there's a huge aftermarket for this particular vehicle, but just the same I'm certain there are parts available.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Originally posted by StevenKim@Jul 10 2005, 05:58 PM
Has anyone made any modifications to their car?  I don't imagine that there's a huge aftermarket for this particular vehicle, but just the same I'm certain there are parts available.
[snapback]452082[/snapback]​
There are a lot of parts available actually, but finding them is a trick. What are you looking for?

Currently all my mods have been stylistic and minor... but there are people out there with Turbos in their 6's.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Originally posted by Smilinvamp@Jul 10 2005, 07:24 PM
There are a lot of parts available actually, but finding them is a trick.  What are you looking for?

Currently all my mods have been stylistic and minor... but there are people out there with Turbos in their 6's.
[snapback]452103[/snapback]​

I have been thinking of setting up a spreadhseet/buyers guide of parts available.

Something of things I am considering are below. Prices are a couple months old but the websites are listed. I always recommend you use a forum sposnor if you can.

This list is far from complete but could be a good start to a parts guide. I just started reading about the turbo and headers being developed by wagnermotorsports with some of their items for sale at RPM already that could bring major performace gains greater than the CP-E intake options)

Mazda6 Mods:

K&N Panel Air Filter ($39 US performancecenter.com, $35 US from Draxas.com, $68.49CN driverfx.ca)

LEDs:

Interior Lighting:
Interior Door Lights 194 2-4LED White
Interior Dome Lights 194 4-4LED Blue (~$16.27CN Toucan Eurolite driverfx.ca)
Interior Dome Lights 194 4-4 Non-LED Bulb Blue ($3.63CN Pilot Brand driverfx.ca) ($2.13 CN Toucan Brand driverfx.ca, $3.56CN Wolo 4 bulb kit driverfx.ca)
Glove Box Light 194 194 1-4LED White
Vanity Mirror 74 or 2731
Trunk light 74 or 2731

Exterior Lighting:
H1 ST Silverstar High Performance Halogen Low and High Beams
Windows Tints (35%)
Freedom Design Billet Aluminum Shorty Turbo Antenna ($19 US from ptuning.com)
Gas Hood Lifter Kit ($92 US from revolutionsix.com)

Autoxray EZ-Scan 4000 OBD II Code Scanner ($276 Levineautoparts.com)
AutoEnginuity OBDII OBD2 Scan Tool/Dyno with CAN ($249 GROUP BUY)

Suspension:
Eibach Pro-Kit Premium Springs ($215 US from Draxas.com, $225 US revolutionsix.com, $247 cvrmotorsports.com, $254 performancecenter.com, $450 CAN Innovation Audio, $443CN driverfx.ca(CT), $249 corksport.com, $299 CA tiretrends.com)
H&R Sport springs ($220 from cvrmotorsports.com, $231 tirerack.com, $228 corksport.com)
Tein S-tech Springs ($165 cvrmotorsports.com)
Tein H-tech Springs ($175 cvrmotorsports.com)
Tanabe GF210 Sport Springs ($198 from ptuning.com, $195 performancecenter.com, $192 cvrmotorsports.com)
Tanabe NF210 Sport Springs ($198 from ptuning.com, $247 performancecenter.com, $192 cvrmotorsports.com)
Autoexe Low Down Springs ($385 corksport.com, $507CA japanparts)

H&R Sport coilovers ($1450 from Draxas.com, $1325 cvrmotorsports.com, $1196tirerack.com, $1232 corlsport.com)
HKS LS+ Hipermax coilovers ($1735 from perofrmancecenter.com, $1675 cvrmotorsports.com, $1,700 MazdaSportParts.com)
D2 Coilovers ($800 cvrmotorsports.com)
Autoexe Tunable Suspension Kit (coilovers) ($1685 corksport.com, $2278CA japanparts.com)

Racing Beat Suspension Package - Springs, Front and Rear Sway Bar ($402 racingbeat.com)
GT SPEC Suspension Syeytem ($559 cvrmotorsports.com)
- Rear Lateral Brace ($139 cvrmotorsorts.com)
- Rear Subframe Re-enforcer ($169 cvrmotorsorts.com, $152 corksport.com)
- Six-point Ladder Brace ($175 cvrmotorsorts.com, $167 corksport.com)
- Front Strut Tower Brace ($172 cvrmotorsports.com, $163 corksprot.com)
AUTO EXE Member Bar Set ($575US corksport, 724CA japanparts.com)

Brakes:
Brembo Brakes
or
ROTORA Front Cross-Drilled/Slotted Rotors --Pair ($255 US Performancecenter.com, $250 cvrmotorsports.com)
ROTORA Front Cross-Drilled/Slotted Rotors --Pair ($188 US Performancecenter.com, $180 cvrmotorsports.com)
ROTORA Big-Brake Kit ($1825 cvrmotorsports.com)
SSBC Super Twin Brake Kit ($875 cvrmotorsports.com)

Hawk Performance HPS Ferro Carbon Front Brake Pad Set ($65 US ptuning.com, $59Performancecenter.com, $63 tirerack.com, $57 sfxperformance.com)
Hawk Performance HPS Ferro Carbon Rear Brake Pad Set ($48 US ptuning.com, $63 tirerack.com)
or
Porterfield R4-S Front Brake Pads ($89 US draxas.com)
Porterfield R4-S Rear Brake Pads ($69 US draxas.com)
CorkSport SS brake Lines ($105 corksport.com)

Exhaust:
MagnaFlow CAt-Back Exhaust System 2.25" Tube, 4" Tips ($402 US from revolutionsix.com $499 from ptuning.com, $490 from cvrmotorsports.com, $489 MazdaSportParts.com)
or
Injen Technology Super SES Cat-Back Exhaust System ($632 from ptuing.com and performancecenter.com)
Draxas Cat Back Exhaust System for Mazda6s with 2.5" Tube, 4" Tips and Resonator ($445 US from Draxas.com)
MSDS Headers and Y-Pipe ($715 US from Draxas.com, $725 corksport.com)
Tanabe SMR exhaust ($590 from cvrmotorsports.com, $649 MazdaSportParts.com)
Racing Beat Exhaust System ($429 racingbeat.com)

Intakes:
CP-E Mazda6s MAFci™ System non-tunable ($539.00US from cp-e.com)
Injen Cold Air Intake w/ splash guard ($220 US from Draxas.com, $248 from ptuning.com, $216 performancecenter.com, $180 US from wholesalehyperperformance no guard, $225 cvrmotorsports.com, $219 MazdaSportParts.com, $406CNdriverfx.ca)
AEM Cold Air Intake ($195 US from Draxas.com, $190 US from ptuning.com, $180 US from wholesalehyperperformance, $190 US from cvrmotorsports.com, $360CN driverfx.ca, $300CN Speedstate.com)
AEM Air Intake Bypass Valve ( $45 US from ptuning.com $75CN Speedstate.com) -closes intake when water tries to get in
AEM Intake Replacement Air Filters ( $39 US from ptuning.com)

Fidanza Lightweight Billet Aluminum Flywheel ($TBA from ptuning.com)
UNORTHODOX RACING Aluminum Flywheel (3.0L) ($TBA corksport.com)
UNORTHODOX RACING Underdrive Crank Pulley (3.0L) ($TBA corksport.com)

Wheels & Tires:
Wheel Size: 17x7 +60mm offset
RacingHart CP035 Wheels (17x7) ($480US superbuywheels.com, $460US excellentperformance.com, $836CN/715US 1010tires.com)
Racing Hart Type C4 (1 Piece) Wheels 17" x 7" size, 5/114.3 bolt ptrn, 40mm offset, ?lbs ($290CN 1010tires.com)

OZ Superleggera - Race Silver 17" x 7" size, 5/114.3 bolt ptrn, 45mm offset, 15.9 lbs ($340CN/277US 1010tires.com, $280US tirerack.com, $279US bigwheels.net, $325CA tiretrends.com)
BBS RK Silver 17" x 7" size, 5/114.3 bolt ptrn, 45mm offset, 17.7lbs ($440CN/$300US 1010tires.com, $349US tirerack.com, $470CA, tiretrends.com, $424US bigwheels.net)
Kazaera KZ-V Chrome 17" x 7" size, 5/114, +50mm offset, 17.0lbs ( $219US tirerack.com)
Kazaera KZ-V Silver 17" x 7" size, 5/114, +50mm offset, 17.0lbs ( $129US tirerack.com)
Kasei K-1 TS Silver 17" x 7" size, 5/114, +50mm offset, 13.7lbs ( $199US tirerack.com)
SSR GT1 Silver 17" x 7" size, 5/114, +50mm offset, 16.5lbs ( $249US tirerack.com)

Tire Size: 215/50r17 21lbs
ULTRA HIGH PERFORMANCE
Continental ContiExtremeContact - 215/50WR17 ($92US tirerack.com, $175CA tirestrends.com, $206CA shopcms.com)
Kumho ECSTA ASX - 215/50R17 - BW ($180CN/$150US 1010tires.com $95US tiretrack.com, $172CA tiretrends.com, $172CA shopcms.com)

HIGH PERFORMANCE
BFGoodrich Traction T/A® H&V - 215/50R17 ($166CN 1010tires.com, $115US tiretrack.com)
Yokohama Avid V4S - 215/50R17 ($176CN/$146US 1010tires.com, $101US tirerack.com, $161CN shopcms.com)
BridgeStone Potenza G009 - 215/50HR17 ($113 tirerack.com)
Falken Ziex ZE-512 - 215/50R17 ($115US/200CN 1010tires.com, $185CN driverfx.ca, $145CN shopcms.com)
Toyo Proxes TPT - 215/50R17 ($150US/190CN 1010tires.com, $185CN shopcms.com)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by Smilinvamp@Jul 10 2005, 07:24 PM
There are a lot of parts available actually, but finding them is a trick.  What are you looking for?

[snapback]452103[/snapback]​
I was just curious to see what or if people modify their Mazda6's. I don't have anything in particular that I'm looking for right now.
I found the OEM halogen headlights to be too dim, so I purchased a xenon HID conversion kit from Speedtech. I didn't get one of those ricey looking 6000K plus bluish-purple kits... I chose a 4000K kit (closer to OEM HID).

21 - 40 of 608 Posts
About this Discussion
607 Replies
58 Participants
Sacs
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing