Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to call Mazda USA today (800 number under Contact Us at www.mazdausa.com) to see if they would tell me when the 6 was coming out.

The guy in customer service said that it is most likely going to be December before units are at all dealers but depending on where you live, you might see it as early as November.

He wouldn't commit to the wagon or the hatchback - "We'll have to see how the sedan does" and it sounded like those wouldn't be out for at least a year after the launch of the sedan.

Anyone have inside scoop into Mazda North America or an authorized dealer? Or more info on dates for release? I can't wait to drive one...(my 626 will be jealous!)

Slib

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Replying to Topic '6 out in Dec in N.Am (maybe Nov) per Mazda USA'

Originally posted by Slib

He wouldn't commit to the wagon or the hatchback - "We'll have to see how the sedan does" and it sounded like those wouldn't be out for at least a year after the launch of the sedan.
Slib[/b]
Nonono!! I will be looking for my car at about the turn of the year, and I want the hatchback!! (and my wife might want the wagon!)

--jax

·
Registered
56 Posts

Thats what i keep hearing as well. I dont want to wait till next fall for my car!:crap:

Like hello!! They might as well call it the 2004 model by then!

·
Registered
48 Posts

Move to Holland :p The 6 is now more than a month for sale and soon the Sport and SportBreak

·
Registered
4 Posts

The sport is what I'm looking at getting eventually. I currently have a Mazda B3000 DualSport w/ 5-speed Auto. It is an awesome truck. I wanted a car but at the time that wasn't an option. I took over payments from a relative when it was only 8 months old with 6,000 miles. I'm 17 years old and I'm currently payin for this truck on my own. I'm saving up my money for a new car in a few years and I'm gonna trade the truck in. The Mazda6 looks very appealing, especially the 5-door hatch. I just hope there is a rather big aftermarket on this car.

·
Registered
56 Posts

You wont believe what happened! I bought a toyota matrix on sat. ..... :|

·
Registered
56 Posts

I know it sounds kinda crazy.. but its prolly for the best. Im saving lots of cash, getting more room/versatility and not waiting 1.5 years to get it. Only 3.5 months! And its fast!

·
Registered
56 Posts

i like the celica too.. but there is no room in it.. and i wasnt really looking for a sports car. i wanted a car that was fast and had functionallity. The 6 has that in the hatchback and because its a bit bigger car. And of course the 6 is amazing looking.

road trips are key. sleepiing the car is what i like to do.. check this out.. its a bed!

Matrix Bed

i know.. im a let down to all 6 fans!! im sorry :(

·
Registered
38 Posts

Ewww...I'd rather not have any room than have a Matrix. To me they are butt ugly. I'd rather get a Protegé5 over a matrix, even though it lacks power and is smaller. If I wanted power and room, I'd go for a Subaru Impreza Wagon. But that's just me. :D Don't worry Sexual 6...you'll just be jealous in a year when all of us are driving our Mazda6 Sport Hatches... :D

·
Registered
56 Posts

hahahhaha... i didnt buy a matrix. I copped out. I cancelled the deal. You guys made me think about it more and so did some friends of mine. The car isnt all that great. But its still pretty kewl... but not for me.

·
Registered
87 Posts

Wow now you made me feel guilty. Don't cancel on account of us, cancel because you didn't like it...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Wow, if you're that susceptible to peer pressure then you should give me all your money or you're not cool. :D
Seriously though, if you need a car right now, have you thought about a Subaru WRX wagon? They're actually $500 cheaper than the sedan, and just as crazy fast. This car is still on my list, because it has nearly everything I'm looking for. Give one a test drive if you haven't yet; I did and it took me two hours to wipe the smile off my face.

·
Registered
56 Posts

I was kinda looking at the 2002 GTI 1.8T

I test drove one and it was amazing! I talked the guy down to 27,600 from 29,000. Includes Luxury Package and Winter package. heated seats and stuff.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

I drove an Outback Sport (same as Impreza Wagon) - I wasn't impressed. Granted it's not a WRX, but I still found it to be severely lacking for rear space. Surely nowhere near as much as a Matrix or even a Protege5. If you are looking for the room of a Sedan, the Impreza won't cut it.

--jax

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

The GTI is a nice little car. The 1.8T is a beautiful powerplant, and has lots of modding potential. I probably wouldn't push it past 260hp or so, but the chip mod is dirt cheap to get you to 200hp+. I found the suspension kind of soft, but overall pretty nice. The interior is first rate. VW really knows how to do interiors. Of course if you wait you might see the GTI 337 edition, which has a tighter sport suspension, 18" BBS wheels and summer performance tires and a 6 speed manual, along with lots of other doodads. All for $22,775 MSRP. They will be bringing 1750 of these puppies over. They are pretty sweet.
It doesn't sound like rear cargo space is really your first concern if you're looking at the GTI. Am I right in thinking you just want enough space to stretch out and sleep? If that's the case then I'd still say go test drive the WRX wagon.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Ok here is the latest update. I cancelled the matrix deal that was for Nov., and i got the 1.8T 2002 GTI. The exact car in the pic. EXACT! rims/color/roof etc. The car is a little beast man. I was approved and i pick it up early next week.

Funny thing. I live in ontario, canada. ONLY 250 of the 337 gtis are in canada. 1 just became available at the dealership i bought my car from. Its 32+ canadian .. way too much for some stuff that i can add to my car. 337 is the same engine with a 6 speed tranny added. I got my GTI for just over 30K canadian after tax. They are even tinting the windows for me.. how kind!

The GTI will do for sleeping space. My gf's parents have a GOLF TDI and my other friend has a 2001 (150HP) GTI. The 2002 model i got has 180HP. Anyways, the seats go down in a 40/60 split and it does ok for the sleeping space. I am happy with it.

IM SO PUMPED!! GTI in 4-5 days!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts