Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Especially to those who have driven the '6, and Steve , was it, that has a 626 and drove a '6...

It seems as though my local dealer has phenominal deals on the 626 right now. Is the '6 that much worth waiting for?

Since it doesn't look like I'll be able to get the much-coveted HATCH!! :p

·
Registered
244 Posts
Replying to Topic '6 or 626?'

If you need a car promptly and like the 626 then grab that deal. Then again you will miss out on all the goodies and value that come with newer model.
You will definitely lose on resale value even if they include plenty of extras with the deal and let some xx% off the list price. When they do more than just a facelift on a certain model, the difference in resale value tends to be bigger than difference in purchase prices, when comparing newer and older models of the same year of purchase.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by applejax

Especially to those who have driven the '6, and Steve , was it, that has a 626 and drove a '6...

It seems as though my local dealer has phenominal deals on the 626 right now.  Is the '6 that much worth waiting for?

Since it doesn't look like I'll be able to get the much-coveted HATCH!!  :p[/b]
The 626 is a nice, reliable car. A fine vehicle. The 6 on the other hand, is something completely different. It swept me away. It only took one testdrive to decide: we got to have this car! So out goes our three year old 626 with only 4000 miles on its neck. Bye-bye.

And in comes a 6 which really can't be compared to the 626. It's a brand new auto. To give you a clue: It's like the difference between a 1962 beetle and a 1985 year's Golf. A major step up.

If you decide to go with the 626 you will get a problem free car that delivers everything you can expect from it. But it's not even close to the fun you'll have with a 6.

It's REALLY worth waiting for. If you do, you will fall down on your bare knees and thank me over and over again for this advice. I can't emphasise enough how great this car really is.

You can also try this move: tell your dealer that you are going to own the 626 for one year, and that you will drive say 1500 miles. Tell him that you want him to put on paper what he will pay for the car at that time, given that you haven't gone off-road or something. Say that you expect a fair trade-in. See how expensive it will get.

Anyway, it you try anything of the kind - see to it that you get it in writing...

Good luck.

/Steve

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by MAZDAMAN

6, 626 is underpowered and bland.  If shopping for a deal is all you care about, try a Kia.[/b]
God, you're brutal!!:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts