Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was bored tonight, almost all the friends are out of town and I'm leaving town on Wed. so I stuck around DC this weekend. Decided that I hadn't been for a good drive in a while, so took the 6 out for a cruise. Started in Arlington, went up the GW Parkway, over the American Legion Bridge, around the Beltway's inner loop through Maryland, all the way down over the Wilson Bridge, along the Beltway till 66, came in on 66E, took 110 in Rosslyn down to Crystal City, went into DC on 395, got on DC295 north to the Beltway, came back around the outer loop to the GW Parkway, and back south to Arlington. Yep, you're right, that's a heckuva drive, opened up the sunroof, cranked up the music, and those 100 miles put a big smile on my face.

Bunch of 6's out there while driving. A couple of base model non-s versions in Maryland, one was a white one with MD plates that went flying by at probably 90. I always forget how crazy fast MD drivers are from where 95 joins the Beltway near College Park down to the Wilson Bridge - everybody movin' at 75-80. Crossed into VA and saw a sharp looking grey 6 that eventually got off on Rte 50 near Merrifield, license plate was something like CHELAS6. If the owner is ever around here - your car was way cleaner than mine is right now, I was jealous!

·
Registered
498 Posts
I've seen that white M6 two or three times driving late on the beltway, always rolling around 90 mph, right around 270 exit.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Sounds like fun :)

I probably had a 100-mile day too, but that tends to happen when you're DD for a group of 4 and head into DC from the boonies :) Still enjoyed it ... perfect (if a bit warm) day today (yesterday)!

There was a Titanium/Silver Speed 6 parked diagonally across from for a few hours in the 16th/U/NH vicinity. Impressive looking car!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Damn, how come no one's ever seen me. There can't be that many silver 5-doors with a single-exit exhaust and a personalized plate. Bastards, all of you! :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Back when i had my VW( the dark times) i would get on the beltway late at night on the weekdays about 1am over in md by university blvd and let rip in the corners all the way to the 270 split into va all the way to the va line! it was great to find out how well you could drive and if you where luck you would find some one to race! then it was on.
I think my best speed was 110 non stop the whole way beat a BMW hands down ( plus a bunch of others)

Now come to the new age and my speed6 black va tags..... Ive gone out a few nights and let rip and im here to tell you nothing better then being out there late at night and running full power in that car!
try it maybe ill see you there.
So fare i have beat two WRX's 1 mustang 1 evo 1 626 3 BMW's and some chumped up civic hatch with with gay pipes . i loved the way my VW did the corners but my speed is soo much better and faster! so if you want to roll your car hard go out after 1 am never on friday cops are out never saturday or sunday either cops are out but othere wise your good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
hunter0
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing