Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought an '07 Mercury Milan which shares a lot of components with the 6. What i'm wondering is, is the shifter the same? and therefore can i use a performance shifter intended for the 6? I'm coming from a Mustang with a Steeda shifter, so i'm used to pretty precise shifts and the Milan's factory shifter leave a lot to be desired. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
If you can remove your center console and take a picture. This would help answer you question.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Yeah...but the real question is ...why a Milan??? :p

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yeah...but the real question is ...why a Milan??? :p
[/b]

He probably wants the handling and performance of a Mazda6 + the size and ride quality of American cars + some luxury feeling?

·
Registered
235 Posts
He probably wants the handling and performance of a Mazda6 + the size and ride quality of American cars + some luxury feeling?
[/b]

So again, Why a milan?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the Milan's more under-the-radar styling better, but I like the 6 a lot. And it seems to be rated very well. Pretty much, you get all the advantages in a different car.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
ussually you will have to start with uncrewing the shift knob. Then just pull up on the plastic pieces.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,605 Posts
hold on, does this mean they actually produced a mtx mercury? I thought it was only a thing of the commercials.
[/b]
Yup, the 4-cyl Milan comes with a 5-speed MTX standard.

BTW, there's nothing wrong with the Milan. It is less sporting than the Mazda6, but initial quality scores have been very good, it's available with AWD (a plus in the snow belt), and the styling is purely subjective. My wife loves the look, and is awaiting a test-drive in an AWD when she starts looking for her next car (this spring). My only wish is that it's available as a V6/MTX...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My only wish is that it's available as a V6/MTX...
[/b]
You and me both. And how about that 3.5 too. Some of us want it, but don't have the $35000 for an MKZ.

The thing i really like about my Milan is that you can get them totally decked out, but with the base engine if you want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts