Mazda 6 Forums banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does your HVAC display work? Properly showing what is going on with your heat/AC?

What exactly do you mean by "try reset the climate controls"?

Im guessing you used the 5 pin molex and the 2 pin on the back of the circuit board?

I really hope my replacement kit works without issue!
Yeah my HVAC shows the right info and I can edit the middle strip with letters to my choosing. The only thing that isn't working is the ability for it to show defrost and change from AMB temp to AC temp.

As for resetting I mean take it out and unscrew it. Adjust the AC controller board, make sure things look ok, and then re-insert the AC dials and ensure its clicked in firmly. May be whats causing the issues. I can still control AC etc. And when I click the defrost I noticed that the front lights (Its dark outside now) dimmed vaguely and vice versa when turning it off. So maybe its just a CANBus signal thing thats causing it not to show right. I'll need things to fog up before I can test it fully.

Also I'm wondering when I get the ASWC-1 unit if I should re-do my harness with a clean stock one. Just to get rid of all the extra wires I ran for the top display. Could be that one wire or another is just off.

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
As for resetting I mean take it out and unscrew it. Adjust the AC controller board, make sure things look ok, and then re-insert the AC dials and ensure its clicked in firmly. May be whats causing the issues. I can still control AC etc. And when I click the defrost I noticed that the front lights (Its dark outside now) dimmed vaguely and vice versa when turning it off. So maybe its just a CANBus signal thing thats causing it not to show right. I'll need things to fog up before I can test it fully.
Well Im happy to hear your screen is operational and HVAC stuff is displaying properly.

I see. I tried doing that with mine after the board decided to stop working, but had no luck.

You may want to redo some of your wiring once the ASWC shows up. It doesnt require much wiring, but if you are OCD about things like I am, you will probably want to redo it lol.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Almost last update

Well Im happy to hear your screen is operational and HVAC stuff is displaying properly.

I see. I tried doing that with mine after the board decided to stop working, but had no luck.

You may want to redo some of your wiring once the ASWC shows up. It doesnt require much wiring, but if you are OCD about things like I am, you will probably want to redo it lol.
So I ended up ordering a two different kits, the ASWC and a Connect 2 wiring harness thats made for the Mazda 3 ( <2009 ) https://goo.gl/aPFtR6 and I decided to use the Connect 2 one again like the last kit I had, but only spliced in the 7 wires this time, the two for CANBus (pink/blue) and the 5 for the molex connector.

This kit however works with the steering wheel controls which is nice, but I still have some issues with the feedback to the upper display in the car. After redoing the harness, the Defrost/HAVC ECO/AMB external indicator don't work right, but the buttons do the right thing with the car, so its only the display output at the top now thats not working. For now I can live with that, as the rest is working as expected. Still not sure if its my kits circuit board or if its a loose wire somewhere I'm un aware of. Main part is I have a working setup.

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
So I ended up ordering a two different kits, the ASWC and a Connect 2 wiring harness thats made for the Mazda 3 ( <2009 ) https://goo.gl/aPFtR6 and I decided to use the Connect 2 one again like the last kit I had, but only spliced in the 7 wires this time, the two for CANBus (pink/blue) and the 5 for the molex connector.

This kit however works with the steering wheel controls which is nice, but I still have some issues with the feedback to the upper display in the car. After redoing the harness, the Defrost/HAVC ECO/AMB external indicator don't work right, but the buttons do the right thing with the car, so its only the display output at the top now thats not working. For now I can live with that, as the rest is working as expected. Still not sure if its my kits circuit board or if its a loose wire somewhere I'm un aware of. Main part is I have a working setup.
Thats awesome that you got the steering wheel controls working. I had problems with my first ASWC control box (which was used) not wanting to reset and find my car/head unit. They guy I bought it from replaced mine with the one from his car and its now working. Feels so good to have functional steering wheel controls again. Now I just need my new dash kit to arrive in the mail and hopefully get a working upper display.

Im glad to hear that your buttons are functional, even though you are still faced with some issues. Hopefully you can get everything sorted out and get full functionality. Interested to get the final update from you. I will be sure to report back as well with how things go with my replacement kit\board.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thats awesome that you got the steering wheel controls working. I had problems with my first ASWC control box (which was used) not wanting to reset and find my car/head unit. They guy I bought it from replaced mine with the one from his car and its now working. Feels so good to have functional steering wheel controls again. Now I just need my new dash kit to arrive in the mail and hopefully get a working upper display.

Im glad to hear that your buttons are functional, even though you are still faced with some issues. Hopefully you can get everything sorted out and get full functionality. Interested to get the final update from you. I will be sure to report back as well with how things go with my replacement kit\board.
I will be interested in hearing how your replacement kit goes, as it would probably help me figure our if my print is partially bad or whats going on. I don't see how some of the display works and the other not. Its strange. It works for the temp (AC) and the air recycle, and the A/C on/off status, but the eco and ambient stuff just doesn't. As its working for now I may let it be that way for a while, as its not breaking any features/functions as the rest just works. Like you my frustration with not having working keys was killer. So having that working is great. I'll keep you posted if I get things fixed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Maybe Final Update

So since last update I got a bit annoyed with some of the top display issues, so I found a place in Germany that sold the Chinese kits (YAY No EU Import tax). So I went for one of them to get the replacement PCB from the new kit. I switched the PCB from the kit to the on in the car and have now regained the AMB temp functionality. I still have no defrost icon, nor the ECO light when running the AC in ECO mode. As I use the car AC in AUTO all the time I think I'm going to let things slide and live with it for now. I have the feeling that the quality of these PCB's for controlling things on the Automatic AC is just not fully viable unless I've missed a wire somewhere. Could be one could splice a wire or two from the AC to the PCB but I have no wiring diagram on those wires, so I'll avoid breaking things in the future.

My end result is that I'm really happy with the replacement, the Double DIN I went with the Xtrons TB706APL really is Chinese.. You can feel it through and through. But it has a huge advantage over the stock Pioneer, Sony etc units, and thats that its rootable Android 6 that gives me full flexibility on the UI and the apps I install. I've found via XDA forums a russion guy who is providing custom ROM's for that unit and so far its been a good experience. The look is great, the steering wheel controls also just work and I'm finally at a point where I don't miss my old stereo. I mean having mobile 4G + GPS Navigation (Tom Tom) + DAB+ + Spotify + Plex was my goal the entire way. The only thing that needs to be fixed is bluetooth calling, but thats part of what makes it feel Chinese. I'm still waiting for the final firmware fix for that, but as its a general issue I'm sure that will get handled soon also.

I hope my build has been insightful to others also and hasn't been to intimidating. I didn't find it too hard, just requires a fair bit of manual labor and time.

All pictures are here: https://files.markwalker.dk/mazda

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, really cant wait to see if my new stereo and facia will work when it finally gets installed, only have had all the stuff for over 12 months with partner saying 'I must do that"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I'm so excited to finally!! find a thread for a dash kit that can work on european/non-US models (so, not metra) and it can work with automatic control. I see that this thread was alive not too long ago, any chance any of these kits are up for sale in Europe? Can anyone provide a working link?

jcf6288
ziggimon
Mr.Smoke

101 - 108 of 108 Posts