Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright well to start off this is just an option for people who don't wish to spend $400 bucks on the Kanatechs kit. I purchased both single din & double din thinking I would have to mix the two kits together. But you don't, so onto the double din install.

This is the ebay kit labeled as a 03-05 Mazda6 double din kit. The seller said it would not fit 06-08 and would not work with electronic climate controls.

I will be posting pictures of both single din made for the 06-08 6, and the double din comparing them. Then stock components swapped over to the double din.

Had to remove the pictures. If you are interested please pm me

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Thanks x100000 for this dude! Can't wait to try it for myself, hope it works on my 03.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't know if I could post the link but it's the only one on ebay. I found it about a month and a half ago, and couldn't find anything on it so I bought it and took the chance.
I wanted to post this up to let everyone know that you can use it. It's essentially a metra knock off. Looks identically wiring and board wise. It should fit on your 03 since it's made for 03-05 but fits 06-08.

Don't forget to hit that THANKS button :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Please post a link. I can't find it on ebay.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Anyone actually have a navi installed? I was thinking maybe next year, as mine is getting a bit old and I want my dashboard/window back.

double din? Or hidden top box navi? I like both, but double din scares me for brake ins.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Well what are the advantages of the double din, should i make a complete new thread to compare???

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
It basically allows you to run a more advanced head unit with more features such as navigation, back up cam, play movies etc. Most double din head units are more advanced than simple single din cd/mp3 players. Ie. Bluetooth, back up cam, multi disc changer, etc.. But it all really depends on the specs of the actual unit you are running.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no other place than ebay. It's a knock off metra kit. I'm assuming since it's all the same wiring and boards look almost the same, it's a kit metra designed but decided to not produce. So i jumped on it to try and has been working great since.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have a DD installed for almost 2 years now,I went with the kanatechs kit.
For those interested,I say go for it.But take your time picking the HU.
I have built in navigation,with tomtom installed,mp3 player,DVD,Bluetooth (just hit a button and you answer and make calls through the radio) iPod connection.
Also have a slot for a memory card where I can load music,pics....The unit has a great feature where it stores up to 6 CDs in the internal memory.
Long story short,ever since I installed,I don't have any more CDs in the car.Love it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 108 Posts