Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

i have a 2004 mazda 6 and recently, the 6 cd player just stop working all of a sudden :irate:
press the CD button, nothing happen.
press eject cd, nothing happen, but i still do have cds inside.

so basically, it won't play at all.

Is it worth going back to the dealer to get it fix?? if so, how much should i expect??

Any advice would be appreciate.

Thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
QUOTE (TinKi @ Feb 21 2010, 08:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1638640
i have a 2004 mazda 6 and recently, the 6 cd player just stop working all of a sudden :irate:

Is it worth going back to the dealer to get it fix?? if so, how much should i expect??[/b]
On a car six model years old, I wouldn't spend too much money on the stereo system. If you're planning on replacing the car in the next year, I'd just listen to the radio. Otherwise, see if you can find a replacement unit in a salvage yard (it's easy to search online). Finally, you can purchase a decent in-dash CD/AM/FM (like a JVC) for $69 but you may want to buy a Metra kit cover the mount.

For $200 my Uncle Eddie will sit in your back seat and hum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi all,

Is it worth going back to the dealer to get it fix?? if so, how much should i expect??

Thanks
If it were me- I would just go ahead and replace the 6 disk changer and add my own head unit. It is not a difficult swap at all, just grab a six pack of your favorite brew and go to town.

I dont know aboot going to the dealership- but chances are they would probably charge an arm an' a leg to replace the system and not even have the common courtesy to give you a reach around :eek:

In all it seems like it would be cheaper to get the metra kit and a cheap head unit. Do you have the bose system?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mazda 6 cd player

Same thing happened to my 2004 Mazda 6 (6cd changer - Bose system) about 2 years ago. I pulled the CD changer out of the dash and found there was a disk that got stuck out of place. I slid it back in place, put everything back together, and it has worked ever since.

hi all,

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts