1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Evidence from Used Oil Analysis reports from various 6 owners tells me that the article is a load of horse droppings.

If you really want to know about oil, go to bobistheoilguy.com.
[/b]

Shades of Crossbow in your post, Ray, Ray.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
crossbowistheoilguy.com

·
Registered
347 Posts
Trust me, 5W-20 works fine, I put 0W-20 Mobil1 in my dad's Ford Escape Hybrid, great fuel economy and used oil report comes out to be very good.

·
Registered
510 Posts
That article is complete and utter BS. There is plenty of evidence out there now showing 5w20 oils protect just as well and sometimes better than Xw30 oils.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well thats good, I just wanted to share it with you guys here, since we use 5w-20. There just trying to sell there product.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Hold it just a second.....

Information on the internet isn't all true? Nice find, but man, what a load of BS.

·
Registered
679 Posts
...and those pills you drop in your fuel tank increase MPG....

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Ford released a TSB somewhere between 2000-2001 mandated all modular engines back to 1996 and some other engines use 5W20 ONLY because of so many engine failures with heavier weight oils. I had it posted up at the old shop because so many people thought since I was young that I didn't know what I was talking about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.