1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive noticed two issues so far in my 6 since ive bought it

3 gear drops when switching from 2nd on occation, it might just be me though

and the next i know is def not me

driving down the highway in 4th gear i go to switch to 5th and guess what, it doesnt want to throw up and catch, i sometimes really have to shove it up there for it to go, other times it takes a few tries to get it to catch, and then the other 33% of the time it is fine. what the **** is going on? could the clutch be bad? or is the flywheel shot? or am i just a dumb*** lol...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
since its an 07 Im assuming you are still in your warranty, Id go have it checked out by the dealership.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
since its an 07 Im assuming you are still in your warranty, Id go have it checked out by the dealership.[/b]
Ok, might make a stop by tonight. Thanks for the advice. They will fix the condensation problem in the front lights as well correct?

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
If your car is new the transmission can be extremely notchy, mine was. But after about 5000 km, the shifter should smooth out a bit. I've tried the shifters on 6s with 50000 km, the shifters are a lot smoother once you rack up that kind of mileage and wear it in a bit.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your car is new the transmission can be extremely notchy, mine was. But after about 5000 km, the shifter should smooth out a bit. I've tried the shifters on 6s with 50000 km, the shifters are a lot smoother once you rack up that kind of mileage and wear it in a bit.[/b]
Its not notchy, its just wont go into it period. Im taking it in tommrow morning. Need my plates anyway.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
my 3rd gear used to grind in at around 3k rpms, and wouldn't go in at all sometimes, especially when driving hard. Brought it to the dealer and the swapped out the gear and syncro, put some redline in and shifts are great now. so +1 on getting warranty work done.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my 3rd gear used to grind in at around 3k rpms, and wouldn't go in at all sometimes, especially when driving hard. Brought it to the dealer and the swapped out the gear and syncro, put some redline in and shifts are great now. so +1 on getting warranty work done.[/b]
crap well i slept in this morning and didint get there before class. Ill have to take it in tommrow. Besides they need to replace my headlights. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
crap well i slept in this morning and didint get there before class. Ill have to take it in tommrow. Besides they need to replace my headlights. :laugh:[/b]
whats wrong with your headlights?

·
Registered
214 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
djquik1
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing