Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah. My photography skills are plumiting pretty bad, for god knows why.. It didn't help any that lighting was against me here. I dunno. I seem to be getting worse..

But anyways, I was with a friend I hadn't hung out with in a while. So I figured I'd snap some shots with his 1990 300zx. Needs some body work and crap but other then that it's a pretty nice vehicle for being 16 years old or so..

Anyways. Enjoy. Or don't. I admit they are not to well taken.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice pictures still nonetheless. i like the one with your car in the distance the most.
[/b]
thank you,

Yeah I like that pic too.

wow tell yer friend to get his car fixed up. Yer car looks great.
[/b]
Also Thank you too,
I actually debated on putting the hoosiers on for the pics. I have them on a set of S2000 16's, But where we whent to take the pics was about 30 minutes away from my place and I didn't want to drive that far on slicks since some of the roads where wet still lol.

That will probably be the last time I take pics of her on the street untill the turbo install is done. I plan on taking alot of pics of the install though.

Yeah. He wants to get a new front bumper but can't seem to find any that are stock. I found a few for him but they say they are bumper covers. Looks like the bumper though.

He just got it though. Paid $1,000 even for it...

·
Registered
192 Posts
nice angles, nice lighting nice pix

·
Registered
475 Posts
Nice pics! I'll put some up when I get my springs on and then when I get my new wheels! New springs ETA 7 days, new wheels about a month!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Nothing wrong with your photography skills...Nice angles! (Liked the 2nd pic the Most!) :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yeah those are pretty good pictures, a lot better than what mine can do. What kinda of camera do you use, is it a professional? I have the Sony t30, do you adjust the aperature (i think that's wut it's called)?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Nice shots. Your white ballance was off in a couple of them, but still a nice tint. So what was this? 10-15 second exposure with something like f8-f11? 18mm lens? Or just a compact?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah those are pretty good pictures, a lot better than what mine can do. What kinda of camera do you use, is it a professional? I have the Sony t30, do you adjust the aperature (i think that's wut it's called)?
[/b]
They where taken with a Nikon D50 and a wideangle NIkkor lense. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I never got emails of new posts in this thread like I was supposed to lol.

Nice shots. Your white ballance was off in a couple of them, but still a nice tint. So what was this? 10-15 second exposure with something like f8-f11? 18mm lens? Or just a compact?
[/b]
THe white balance was "fine". Just, under certain lights it is impossible to take out the orange glow.. Thtas why I decided to moveaway from those lights. I tried everything from bracketing the WB to every selection it would allow me too. (all the photos that came out with the yellow tint where from a church parking lot.. IT actually looked that yellow/orange in person too. thats why we changed locations to near downtown

That is why it's best to stay away from most street lights when doing night photography.

Every shot was taken at a different exposure. a few where taken at 50 second exposure. I'd have to actaully go back and look to see what everything was done at.

They where taken with a Wideangle Nikkor lense 18-55..

I actually fucked up. I had the stupid ISO set to auto. and I think that is why I did not get the desired results. So when I would set it to the ISO I wanted. The camera would then auto change it back right before I Took the pic.. I hate ISO shit..it's to easy to forget about lol

Did you take the pics in Iowa City by chance? The first pic reminds me of the museum by the U campus.
[/b]
No, They where taken here in Des Moines. The first pic was taken in front of a church. I had to make it B&W because the lighting gave the exposure the ugliest tint I've ever seen lol..

THe rest where taken near downtown Des Moines

1 - 12 of 12 Posts