Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I've seen this discussed on several other threads.

Just thought I'd post another 1st hand experience.

After installing the DP, and wiring in the diode, I'm glad to say I haven't seen a CEL in close to 600 miles.

I'm typing with crossed fingers.....and hopefully it will remain off, but i've got no CEL!!!!

Forrest
[/b]

I still haven't bothered to fix my CEL from the downpipe. I guess I'll cut off the extension and try the diode trick--my OBD2 inspection is next month, so hopefully it works for me.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Cut off the extension on the CP-E downpipe yesterday, and soldered in the diode today. No CEL or pending codes after about 35 miles! Before the diode install I always had a pending code by about 5 miles, and the light was on by 15 miles. Hopefully this fixes things for good...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Checked the IM monitors last night at about 55 miles since the diode install--the O2 sensors passed both the ECM self tests, so I should have no problems passing my OBD2 test next week. CPE should just use a reagular rear bung and include a diode with the DP.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.