Mazda 6 Forums banner

Color Options

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.streetunit.com/StreetUnit_Boost...t_p/sums6bt.htm
PRE-ORDER: Product is due to ship on March 19, 2007.

StreetUnit Performance Silicone Boost Tubes
Application: MAZDASPEED 6
Part Number: SUMS6BT
Gloss Color Options: Black, Red, and Blue

The StreetUnit Boost Tube Kit is specifically designed using custom tooling to replace the stock top mount intercooler hoses. The Boost Tubes are engineered and manufactured out of high performance 5-ply silicone to outperform the stock hoses. (Not universal hoses!)

Benefits of the 5 Ply Boost Tubes:

* Improves Throttle Response and Drivability
* Hoses Will Not Expand Like Stock Hoses During Boost
* The Thicker 5-Ply Hoses Will Insulate the Intake Air Temperature
* Smoothes Out Boost Pressure Throughout Power Band
* Aesthetically Pleasing Addition to the Engine Bay and Attracts Car Show Points
* Bolt On, Factory Replacement Install

SU Boost Tube Kit Includes:

* Hot Side Silicone Hose
* Cold Side Silicone Hose
* 2 x Stainless Steel, High Torque, Silicone Specific, Worm Gear Clamps for Cold Side Hose
* 2 x Stainless Steel, High Torque, Silicone Specific, Worm Gear Clamps for Hot Side Hose

1. Cullen MS6
2. MAZDASPEED619
3. freekwonder
4. WRC2
5. Tazz2000
6. sicmazda6
7. Runningriot
8. Emptynapalm
9. kenpo1441
10. whoosh
11. WRC2
12. MS6 8 U UP
13. chiefmg
14. vert
15. nud
16. Indy MPS6
17. mtx

Hot Side...
[attachment=19599:SUMS3HK.jpg]
MS3 Installed...
[attachment=19598:SUMS3HK_3.jpg]
MS6 Completed Kit after tooling...
[attachment=19600:bluehoses.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Interested but price seems high for two hoses and hardware. However I'm not familiar with these 4ply hoses so maybe the raw materials costs are very high compared to 1ply? I know on earlier turbo cars like the twin turbo S4 changing out the rubber hoses helped throttle response. I haven't looked at the stock hoses but had mentally played with the idea of getting solid metal tubing in the correct shape to replace most of the run, and joining them with appropriate sections of short hose and clamps to them to be installed and removed, and flex, if necessary.

I voted black just to keep the stock look for warranty purposes.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'd be interested. I'd like to see how they'd look though first.

·
Registered
795 Posts
[/b]
+1 and very interested

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Interested but price seems high for two hoses and hardware. However I'm not familiar with these 4ply hoses so maybe the raw materials costs are very high compared to 1ply? I know on earlier turbo cars like the twin turbo S4 changing out the rubber hoses helped throttle response. I haven't looked at the stock hoses but had mentally played with the idea of getting solid metal tubing in the correct shape to replace most of the run, and joining them with appropriate sections of short hose and clamps to them to be installed and removed, and flex, if necessary.

[/b]
I voted black too, but as far as the price goes, go look up some Samco hoses. Then you'd probably be looking at more like $300.00 for two hoses, but they're the best their is.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

[/b]
Price is estimated high. But to get an idea, the stainless steal T Bolt Clamps supplied are $4-6 each and there are 4 of them. And also silicone hoses that have a bend or transition in it, the price significantly increases. On the flip side, there are no middlemen.

What company is producing these tubes?
[/b]
Who is manufacturing the tubes?
[/b]

We do the tool/Autocad design and then send it to a silicone company. The silicone company is not one anyone would know and they do not deal with the public. They do all of our silicone and its excellant quality material. We do not cut corners at all.

I'd be interested. I'd like to see how they'd look though first.
[/b]
Sure thing, pics right away. Getting a feel for the demand right now.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'd be in but 90$ is high (Even though you said it was a high guesstimate). I found the silicone online already with the proper bends and everything for much cheaper. no it wasn't a kit but all the pieces can be sourced separately for around 1/3 that. Yes the t-bolts are expensive but that puts the price to 1/2 yours.

I'm still interested and I'll keep watching this thread but until there's a price keep me out. Black BTW

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'd be in but 90$ is high (Even though you said it was a high guesstimate). I found the silicone online already with the proper bends and everything for much cheaper. no it wasn't a kit but all the pieces can be sourced separately for around 1/3 that. Yes the t-bolts are expensive but that puts the price to 1/2 yours.

I'm still interested and I'll keep watching this thread but until there's a price keep me out. Black BTW
[/b]
Please don't take this the wrong way...but...

Anyone can ghetto up a kit for $5 from Silicone Valley and Home Depot, but it will look like crap.

Cullen/Streetunit do great work and stand behind their work, so I would pay the extra few % for quality.

·
Registered
262 Posts

Anyone can ghetto up a kit for $5 from Silicone Valley and Home Depot, but it will look like crap.

Cullen/Streetunit do great work and stand behind their work, so I would pay the extra few % for quality.
[/b]

I'm not trying to say budget it.. home depot it.. there are other trusted sources in this world for silicone that have VERY large and extensive catalogs. Where both the pieces can already be sourced from without custom developing etc.

·
Registered
380 Posts

[/b]
And remember they do have to make a profit :) My dad always told me profit is NOT a dirty word....

Also until we see the product and price, I think its to early to say what they are offering is overpriced IMHO.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Me to sounds pretty kool pictures will deff help my decision making.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm interested

·
Registered
322 Posts
Assuming the turbo is kept stock, our these 4-ply hoses overkill? What would they really do for the car?

·
Registered
189 Posts
possibly interested, need to see some pics first :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts