Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here's my theory.
There are no 2 bolt brackets on MS6s OR there are a few by mistake but it doesn't seem to be common.

Do any of us KNOW we have the 2 bolt bracket?
If so, PLEASE post your build date/vin# so we can find out when this was happening.

So far we've only had a handful of people say whether they have a 2 bolt or 4 bolt bracket and I haven't seen anyone say they had a 2 bolt.

We know:

09/05 = 4 bolt - MAZDASPEED619
09/05 = 4 bolt - Runningriot
11/05 = 4 bolt - leakslikeasieve
01/06 = 4 bolt - thesixthspeed
03/06 = 4 bolt - 99 RT Eh

09/05 - 03/06 all 4 bolt. Where did this problem occur?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Well, there IS other possibilities:

Perhaps there were some 4 bolt brackets that were only being held on by 2 bolts?

That would pretty much cause these issues regardless of what bracket was on there.

Another distinct possibility is that the later A versions were reinforced somewhat ie thicker or with bigger gussets/webbing. Mazda did that on the 90s era transmissions and thickened the casting on the bellhousing.

With that in mind, we may still be looking for an aftermarket solution after all. :(

·
Registered
856 Posts
I questioned this myself... you cant really tell from the chassis/drivetrain picture that its 4 vs. 2 bolt, the bar is in the way of the front-most bolts.

edit: Post #626...damn i miss that car....glad to somewhat be back in the 6 family! :)

·
Registered
693 Posts
I questioned this myself... you cant really tell from the chassis/drivetrain picture that its 4 vs. 2 bolt, the bar is in the way of the front-most bolts.

edit: Post #626...damn i miss that car....glad to somewhat be back in the 6 family! :)
[/b]

Even if it is a hoax it should still be covered by the warranty.... and CP-E wrote me saying they love finding weak points on the car so they will be looking at making a upgraded bracket for our cars and hopefully it is soon....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even if it is a hoax it should still be covered by the warranty.... and CP-E wrote me saying they love finding weak points on the car so they will be looking at making a upgraded bracket for our cars and hopefully it is soon....
[/b]
Even if there is nothing wrong with the stock one (though I suspect there is), an stronger CPE one wont hurt!

Unlike CPE, I HATE finding weak points on the car!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Mine has 01/06 in the door and I have a 4 bolt mount. How do I find the production # ?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Even if there is nothing wrong with the stock one (though I suspect there is), an stronger CPE one wont hurt!

Unlike CPE, I HATE finding weak points on the car!
[/b]
If it's anything like the FMIC, you'll wait a year for them to produce it.

And of course they like finding weak points on the car, it gives them more opportunity to charege out the ass for a replacement part.

I haven't taken the time to crawl under and see which one I have.

Jason

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I don't see why it is so hard to confirm anyone with a 4bolt bracket who has had it broken before?

If so, we can easily conclude another crappy part made by Ford/Mazda.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Mike, IM/PM me your VIN and I can get you your production date.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Here's another wild ass theory. When Mazda decided to change the gearing at the last moment and did all the work at port, the lazy/incompetent port workers did not correctly reinstall the bracket.

Discuss...

·
Registered
693 Posts
they may and may not have on some ?????? hows that for a theory davecoyne? maybe thats why some are breaking and some arent? I mean come on they dumped a whole load of cars into the ocean not to long ago what makes you think they would remember a few bolts and nuts?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
they may and may not have on some ?????? hows that for a theory davecoyne? maybe thats why some are breaking and some arent? I mean come on they dumped a whole load of cars into the ocean not to long ago what makes you think they would remember a few bolts and nuts?
[/b]
Whats this about dumping cars into the ocean?

·
Registered
217 Posts
As posted in the 'other 4 bolt versus 2 bolt' thread.

there seems to be some serious panic happening here. You should all have warranty on this part. Even if you engine mods.

Remember, the dealership has to prove conclusively that a modification was the cause of a part being broken.

Could it be that this is being blown way too far out of proportion.

I had the dealer dial up my VIN today -- I watched -- no TSB's no recalls.

I am suggesting that everyone take a deep breath. Weigh the number of MPS's in the world right now. Then weigh the number of confirmed problems outside of the recall (because that was Mazda's fix).

Most importantly, consider the power and the inaccuracy of the internet and message boards.

By the way, the dealer told me there would be a worldwide recall on the full turbo system on the car...let's see where this goes.

·
Registered
353 Posts
By the way, the dealer told me there would be a worldwide recall on the full turbo system on the car...let's see where this goes.
[/b]
Just posting/making something up to see what happens with it and how many beleive it and start wondering "could it be this, coudl it be this". As soon as someone breaks something from power, everyone will assume its the weak link, when it may or may not be. Could be a manufacturing flaw. etc. Oh well. Good thing I don't plan on doing much to the car for awhile. I'll stick to enjoying my warranty.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I thought they were changing the gearing in the tranny not at the differentials.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts