Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
This goes out to all the self proclaimed turbo experts...

If i had the money to buy that turbo upgrade, what power improvements will i realistically see having ZERO modifications to the car and no "tuning" options available.

Im asking this not because i have the money but, someone out there does and wants to know just like i do, does this really make sense right now....with no available tuning solutions out there??

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Well, this has been discussed extensively in the ATP turbo thread. ATP is claiming 325whp and a 12.8 1/4 mile time with the GT3076R turbo, their downpipe, and no tuning. They have yet to provide any evidence of this.

·
Registered
593 Posts
So, that's like, oh, 100 more hp than our cars stock???? I think I remember people stating 220-something whp on the stock car.

I would be interested in seeing WHERE that extra power is at in the RPM range.

·
Registered
366 Posts
ATP needs to post some pics or video... some sort of evidence.

ATP warm the crowd up with something.. Christmas is comming and I want a new turbo whhhaaaaaaaa...

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just love the marketing of engine products.....really down play that the 450hp is after modifications. I see this in a lot of adverts in magazines too. One magazine was stating 400-450 hp and showed a cold air intake (it was for a WRX)....as if just by adding the CAI alone it would get that HP. LOL.

Wayne

·
Registered
967 Posts
I just love the marketing of engine products.....really down play that the 450hp is after modifications. I see this in a lot of adverts in magazines too. One magazine was stating 400-450 hp and showed a cold air intake (it was for a WRX)....as if just by adding the CAI alone it would get that HP. LOL.

Wayne
[/b]
What!? Say it ain't so! You mean my CP-E CAI isn't going to give me an extra 100hp!? :D

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts