Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 4-speed AT work the same as the 5-speed AT, except that, of course, it has 4-speeds? Can I slip into fully automatic and also shift "manumatically" with the 4-speed AT, like the 5-speed AT?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Replying to Topic '4-speed AT vs 5-speed AT'

Originally posted by arock

Does the 4-speed AT work the same as the 5-speed AT, except that, of course, it has 4-speeds? Can I slip into fully automatic and also shift "manumatically" with the 4-speed AT, like the 5-speed AT?[/b]
yes...both 4/5 speed auto come with sportshift mode...i have 6i with 4AT sportshift...love it!!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading Topic: 4-speed AT vs 5-speed AT

Thanks for the info. By the way, what is the best 0-60mph time you've gotten with the 6i AT? Anyone know what the "official" 0-60 times are for the 6i AT?

·
Registered
980 Posts

Originally posted by JuMpPeR

Does the 4-speed AT work the same as the 5-speed AT, except that, of course, it has 4-speeds? Can I slip into fully automatic and also shift "manumatically" with the 4-speed AT, like the 5-speed AT?[/b]
yes...both 4/5 speed auto come with sportshift mode...i have 6i with 4AT sportshift...love it!!!![/b][/quote]
so i am guessing u have the 4 cylinder version...just wondering does it feel laggy when shifting in manumatic mode?

·
Registered
58 Posts

Originally posted by chindo

yes...both 4/5 speed auto come with sportshift mode...i have 6i with 4AT sportshift...love it!!!![/b][/quote]
so i am guessing u have the 4 cylinder version...just wondering does it feel laggy when shifting in manumatic mode?[/b][/quote]

I dont have a chance to use it yet. My car is only about 400 miles, still a baby. I try to keep the RPM under 3000 until 1000 miles. Once it passes 1000 miles, I'll play with the sportshift. :D

·
Registered
432 Posts

Thanks for the info. By the way, what is the best 0-60mph time you've gotten with the 6i AT? Anyone know what the "official" 0-60 times are for the 6i AT?[/b]
I have the AT 6i and I hit 60 in a little over 9 seconds. I videotaped a 0-60 run a few weeks back and it looks like its ~9.2 seconds. It feels like its getting stronger as it gets older (Im at 4500k miles now).

·
Registered
980 Posts

Originally posted by chindo

so i am guessing u have the 4 cylinder version...just wondering does it feel laggy when shifting in manumatic mode?[/b][/quote]
man i am so excited about this car...yesterday i went for a test drive and i loved it...even the 4 cyl. had enough power but it was too quiet for my liking
and the sportshift is great....i love it

·
Registered
12 Posts

Originally posted by Casper 6i

Thanks for the info. By the way, what is the best 0-60mph time you've gotten with the 6i AT? Anyone know what the "official" 0-60 times are for the 6i AT?[/b]
I have the AT 6i and I hit 60 in a little over 9 seconds. I videotaped a 0-60 run a few weeks back and it looks like its ~9.2 seconds. It feels like its getting stronger as it gets older (Im at 4500k miles now). [/b][/quote]

That is very slow.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Reading Topic: 4-speed AT vs 5-speed AT

I think 9.2 is very good...it's about par with the Protoge ES with manual trans and similar to Accord and Camry 4cyl/Auto. This engine has tons of opportunity for development though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts