Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yes that sould fit. But it won't go in without a fight you will need to modifi the case that is around the screen to make it look good. try the electrnics section with this thread. Maybe a move is in order.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
It might be to small. I have a 7" widescreen in mine and it fits PERFECT with no modification other then drilling a hole in the back for the wires. There are gaps on the side but nothing that couldn't easily be fixed. height wise though it fits just fine with the door open fully.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It might be to small. I have a 7" widescreen in mine and it fits PERFECT with no modification other then drilling a hole in the back for the wires. There are gaps on the side but nothing that couldn't easily be fixed. height wise though it fits just fine with the door open fully.

[/b]
Sweet. Where'd you get that screen, HedsIc? How'd you mount it?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Sweet. Where'd you get that screen, HedsIc? How'd you mount it?
[/b]
You can get LCD's pretty much anywhere. Even best buy. I got my Audiobauhn at a local place but you can find them anywhere,. and if you want to start a carputer look up the Lilliput screen. DEI also makes some good lcd's too.

and technically it's not mounted. it's held in by the lid. sort of wedged in or whatever. fits perfect and holds even over bumps. then when I want to close the lid I just slide it face down in the compartment and close the lid. I am in the process of doing the HOW TO that was posted on here for the electronic mounted LCD screen though.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I want to put a screen so bad in mine too, get that how to posted up quick, Im really anxious to see how you did it. :)
[/b]
The how to for the electronic map pocket LCD monitor mount is already up. and it's defienetly nor for the faint of heart thats for sure. lol as said in the how to. buy a secondary map pocket, as some things when you start cutting. there is now going back.

I will post up the HOW TO I used for my monitor how it is now:

HERE IS THE HOW TO FOR A MOTORIZED MAP POCKET. WRITTEN AND DONE BY: 4U2NV
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=49035

HERE IS THE HOW TO TO JUST INSTALL THE LCD NORMALLY WRITTEN BY: got_rice64 , if he still comes here even.
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=36691&hl=

The second link is what I originally used when I did my install last winter sometime. I did changed a few things up. Such as the whole "Using double sided tape on the hinge" crap. I wasn't about to use double sided tape for an install, as that is a little ghetto rigged lol. So for the mean time I skipped the entire hinge mounting it to the lid thing and just prop it up myself.

Next time I suggest the search field though. I just happen to be feeling generious today so I decided to post the links instead of just saing SEARCH lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts