Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wonder if anyone has a slick idea on how to get a dealership to order and replace a rear-diff bracket under warranty... I don't want to go under and loosen the bolts.. or something stupid like that...

I just want it replaced... w/o spending much cash on it... I'd slip the tech 20-40 bucks to pretend and tell the dealership its broken and needs replaced under warranty...

But yeah... does anyone have ideas on this... considering as far as I can tell it hasn't been listed under recall yet...

ALSO... since it is 4 bolts... I assume that the bracket attaches to something that was already threaded for 4 bolts? Basically meaning mazda used a 2 bolt bracket, when a 4 bolt bracked was expected in the first place? OR do they drill new holes to attach it?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
It won't be on a recall until more of these retards break it by driving like asshats.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Here's one. Get under your car, loosten the bolts on the bracket by about three turns, and drive the crap out of it for a few weeks. Then you might even get a new rear diff and new axles too!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Carefull.....you might be next. :nana:
[/b]
Hahaha. No driving like that with all the snow/ice on the ground...oh, wait, I'm not driving it at all until I get the summer rubber off it unless it's dry out. I'm driving a gokart AKA Saturn Ion.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Humm... I suppose thats good to know that it is a "myth"... which if it is... Why did they produce a new bracket that is the same ?

And there is a difference between enjoying 300 hp AWD.... and driving like asshats =)... I didn't get this car to sit in stop-n-go traffic or to cruse on the freeway with... SO... my guess is.. if you drive it like it wer a BMW7.. or Audio A8... you got the wrong car... or paid way too much for whatever it is you were trying to get =)....

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have got to agree here.... you dont buy a 6-speed, all wheel drive, 275HP turbo car to drive it like its a 84 Cavalier....you most likely payed the premium for it...and accepted the lower MPG and the cost of premium fuel because you had visions of "spirited" driving. If I were planning to drive it like I was worried about fuel economy, or drive it like it were a 120 hp car....I would have just purchased a Civic! Wait...I got rid of a Civic and got this car! My plans were to have a blast hammering this thing down the road, playing with unsuspecting ricer-boy kids, and chasing the occasional Mustang away with its tail between its legs. So far...so good.

As soon as get mine back, its back to fun days! My rental Sentra SUX!

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have got to agree here.... you dont buy a 6-speed, all wheel drive, 275HP turbo car to drive it like its a 84 Cavalier....you most likely payed the premium for it...and accepted the lower MPG and the cost of premium fuel because you had visions of "spirited" driving. If I were planning to drive it like I was worried about fuel economy, or drive it like it were a 120 hp car....I would have just purchased a Civic! Wait...I got rid of a Civic and got this car! My plans were to have a blast hammering this thing down the road, playing with unsuspecting ricer-boy kids, and chasing the occasional Mustang away with its tail between its legs. So far...so good.

As soon as get mine back, its back to fun days! My rental Sentra SUX!
[/b]

now That doesnt look safe the way thats sitting. Im sure it is, but it just looks funny as hell. Sorry to go off topic

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
It won't be on a recall until more of these retards break it by driving like asshats. [/b]
Please, tell us how you really feel.

As for having to be a "retard" driving like an "asshat" to break to original bracket, I think that's generalizing way too much. If the bracket were only breaking from misuse, I'm sure Mazda wouldn't have bothered re-engineering it.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
There is a big difference between driving aggressive like an enthusiast and just driving stupid, beating on your car like it was a Hertz rental.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
^^^^ You abuse Hertz Rentals? I"M TELLING ON YOU [/b]

(........innocent look........)

·
Registered
59 Posts
anyone know offhand where i can order my "retarded asshat" window sticker from?? i'm still perfecting my 6k clutch dumps and need some extra WHPs yeehaw.
:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts