Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
4.9L PFI Cadillac engine swap (Pre-Northstar days)
350 lbs springs front and rear
Konis front set to 1/2 stiff
Konis rear set to full stiff
Slight toe-in on front
-1.5* camber front with 10* of caster
-2.75* camber rear
2 year old 225/45R17 Fuzion ZRi's all around

G-Tech in road race mode recorded between .99g to 1.08g's in the turns.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/FBCED6E...520520FA418.htm

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Fordman, you haven't seen anything.... a guy at the local Orlando AutoX MSCC has a fiero and he is the most aggressive driver I have ever seen... big engine swap I believe... couple of months ago his hood flew off and he didn't even lift off the throttle..

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fordman, you haven't seen anything.... a guy at the local Orlando AutoX MSCC has a fiero and he is the most aggressive driver I have ever seen... big engine swap I believe... couple of months ago his hood flew off and he didn't even lift off the throttle..
[/b]
Oh I know bigger and better exists out there, but this shows how little is required for the Fiero to eliminate bump steer and body roll.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
It's spelled "Caliber" not "CalibUr". Just thought I'd let you know.

Back to topic: It's impressive what you can do with such a tiny car. But man, it sure looks ugly to me. Could never drive a car that does not look good on some levels to me.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I like those cars however they would go up in flames faster than a gas soaked BBQ.
I don't see many on the road any more but they should have been strong tuner cars.

If only...

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like those cars however they would go up in flames faster than a gas soaked BBQ.
I don't see many on the road any more but they should have been strong tuner cars.

If only...
[/b]
Actually the fire problem was only tied to early-production 1984 Fiero 2M4 (They had the 2.5L Iron Duke 4-cylinder) and since the 2.5L was the whore of GM's FWD fleet of cars, the problem was quickly resolved, as it was engine related, not Fiero related.

·
Registered
356 Posts
My experience with Fieros is that they are too small for me.

But I really think you should get the Ferarri style body kit... that would be slick. :laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
jaybag
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing