Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gey guys, my 6i came with a spoiler wich has the 3rd tail light. Is there a way to unhook the other 3rd light behind the windshield? Also, if you do unhook/take out the bulb, would there be any light warnings lite up on the dash?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
the plug for the spoiler light is located behind the driver side taillight on the trunk lid. there's no real way of removing the bulb though, the light is a circuit board with a bunch of led's on it, with the wire going through the spoiler into the trunk, so you would have to cut the wires at either end to remove, and depending on which you chose you might have to re-run the wires

why do you want to remove it?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm sure you can remove the bulb for the light. Just open your trunk slide yourself inside and look up. You should see the wires going up to the light. I'm pretty sure you can twist and remove the bulb and just put the housing back in with out a bulb. There will be no indicator light on the dash if it is removed. If i think about it i'll look at it tomorrow and try to get better details, it should be pretty easy though.

Dream, he doesn't want to remove the spoiler lights he wants to remove the 3rd brake light inside the cabin, the one that you can't really see with a spoiler on.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Actually, you should be able to remove the whole thing without a problem. 6's that come w/ a spoiler from the factory aren't supposed to have that 3rd brake light in the cabin.

Do what L_Train said. The plug isn't hard to miss. It's literally directly underneath the 3rd brake light....

Do you want to simply unplug the light, or take it out?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually, you should be able to remove the whole thing without a problem. 6's that come w/ a spoiler from the factory aren't supposed to have that 3rd brake light in the cabin.

Do what L_Train said. The plug isn't hard to miss. It's literally directly underneath the 3rd brake light....

Do you want to simply unplug the light, or take it out?
[/b]
K, thanks guys, I'll try it out...

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts