Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought my first tourer this week. Had a MK1 hatch (chamber 3 died back in January) and the gf has a MK2 hatch. Been pottering around in a Skoda unsure what to replace it with and came across a MK3 tourer last weekend and by Wednesday it was mine.

Am so pleased with it and know I definitely made the right decision.
Have already put in a K&N panel filter and have the cabin filter on back order.
Have debadged the rear and ordered an evil "M" to replace the standard and a new numberplate.

Forum is fantastic as I've managed to fix my centre console lid which has been driving me mad since Wednesday 馃ぃ馃ぃ

Need to search the forum now for my autolock issue as I have seen via a search the issue has been covered before. That should keep me busy till my next order of parts arrives!!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Super Moderator
Forum needed me to approve this first for some reason.

Welcome to the forum, Congrats on your purchase!

Super Moderator
No worries! Thanks for the welcome 馃憤
NP - Oh and what's your auto-lock issue? Newbie section is perfectly fine to ask if you can't find details with the "bleh" search system on our new website.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NP - Oh and what's your auto-lock issue? Newbie section is perfectly fine to ask if you can't find details with the "bleh" search system on our new website.
My doors don't lock when I pull away, from what I've read they should and I've set the autolock on my car to 30 seconds. I've now got the manual out to check that it's the correct setting and that it's not a setting for when the key moves out of range.

Super Moderator
Depending on your model year, I believe the little "Info" section of the cluster has those settings in it - though I know there's also a few laying hidden deep in the TomTom NB1 navigation, if you've got that.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Depending on your model year, I believe the little "Info" section of the cluster has those settings in it - though I know there's also a few laying hidden deep in the TomTom NB1 navigation, if you've got that.
Thanks for that 馃憤 I'll go out and take a look in a bit, might review that section in the manual so that I know what I'm looking for.

Registered
2014 Sport NAV - Jet Black Diesel MT6
Welcome along. Nice looking thing you bought yourself.

My doors don't lock when I pull away, from what I've read they should and I've set the autolock on my car to 30 seconds. I've now got the manual out to check that it's the correct setting and that it's not a setting for when the key moves out of range.
I'm pretty sure the auto lock thing is when you unlock the car and don't open the driver side door it'll lock the car again after 30 secs. It's not drive-away locking.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome along. Nice looking thing you bought yourself.

I'm pretty sure the auto lock thing is when you unlock the car and don't open the driver side door it'll lock the car again after 30 secs. It's not drive-away locking.
Thank you, I'm pleased with it and it's an awesome drive! Just need to find some time to go for a drive that's more than work or the school run 馃ぃ

Thought as much, was just hoping there was a setting for when I pull away. Not the end of the world if not.

The more pressing issue is I've just found one of the lens covers from the numberplate lights is missing 馃が馃が

Registered
Auto lock is not the same as "walk away".

Registered
Auto lock is not the same as "walk away".
Doesn't have 'walk away' locking as it lacks the buttons on the door handles. Drive-away locking is when you go over a certain speed all doors lock automatically. I'm pretty sure these don't have that or I haven't found it yet. Yes, mine has the same shitty wonderful NB1 :eek:

Registered

Note: you have the keyless entry, not the advanced keyless entry. Shame though as the advanced keyless entry is pretty cool.

Registered
I have the advanced keyless entry and as cool as it is with the walkaway locking etc and it still does not lock at drive away so you're not outdone by :)

Just enjoy the thing, I'm sure it's lovely from the look at the picture. :cool:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am absolutely loving it so far, ordered my pressed plates today and my evil M should be here soon to go with the de-badged boot.

Just need to go for a spirited weekend drive to fully appreciate it now 馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've started looking for a steering wheel next as seen some nice flat bottomed ones, might give that site a try 馃憤

Registered
They do have a few different wheels on there. Not sure if they do a flat bottomed one. I'm looking for a 2017> wheel but they don't come up cheap :eek:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've found a few on eBay from Poland, but until I take my wheel apart I'm not entirely sure which one I need to retain all my controls.
Will need to dedicate some time to some research me thinks!

Is the 2017 wheel better?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts