Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Odd-ball question.

I finally received the trunk liner that was ordered with my new-to me '18 6 as a part of the sale. They were back-ordered at time of delivery and I was waiting for my first oil change to go back and get it.

It's definitely there and is functional, but isn't quite what I was expecting.

I had a '17 3 and a '17 CX-5. Both of those OEM liners were thick-ish rubber and very non-skid like. Felt heavy-duty. I loved them.

The one I got in my '18 fits like a glove, but it's definitely a Mazda branded Weathertech unit. Same floor pattern and material as the Weathertech one in my friend's Nissan.

No critical issue by any means I just preferred the non-skid properties of the other Mazda liners I've had. When I look at part pics online they show the same rubber type I was expecting. Parts sites list 2 parts: one for '14 to '18 (0000-8B-H73) and one for '19 which I received (0000-8D-MZM6), which also says fits back to '14. Same pic for both

Here's what I actually have though

Here's what I thought I was getting

I know it's a first world problem. I'm wondering if anyone have the thick rubber kind and can confirm the part number on it for me? I would like to ask if I can exchange for the older part if I can get it but dealer is of course saying they're the exact same thing just a new year and don't want to be bothered with it. I understand it's an absolutely frivolous issue. If the older one is a mythical stock photo I'll just carry on. I just REALLY liked those thick rubber liners :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Odd-ball question.

I finally received the trunk liner that was ordered with my new-to me '18 6 as a part of the sale. They were back-ordered at time of delivery and I was waiting for my first oil change to go back and get it.

It's definitely there and is functional, but isn't quite what I was expecting.

I had a '17 3 and a '17 CX-5. Both of those OEM liners were thick-ish rubber and very non-skid like. Felt heavy-duty. I loved them.

The one I got in my '18 fits like a glove, but it's definitely a Mazda branded Weathertech unit. Same floor pattern and material as the Weathertech one in my friend's Nissan.

No critical issue by any means I just preferred the non-skid properties of the other Mazda liners I've had. When I look at part pics online they show the same rubber type I was expecting. Parts sites list 2 parts: one for '14 to '18 (0000-8B-H73) and one for '19 which I received (0000-8D-MZM6), which also says fits back to '14. Same pic for both

Here's what I actually have though

View attachment 237798

Here's what I thought I was getting

View attachment 237799

I know it's a first world problem. I'm wondering if anyone have the thick rubber kind and can confirm the part number on it for me? I would like to ask if I can exchange for the older part if I can get it but dealer is of course saying they're the exact same thing just a new year and don't want to be bothered with it. I understand it's an absolutely frivolous issue. If the older one is a mythical stock photo I'll just carry on. I just REALLY liked those thick rubber liners :)
The OEM one on the Mazda site is made of rubber. The part no. for the OEM cargo tray that fits the 2018 model is 0000-8B-H73. Here's the link.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya they say they can't get the H73 model anymore and only have the newer model as it's backwards compatible too.

Oh well I tried. Thx for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
tphan300
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing