Mazda 6 Forums banner
501 - 520 of 542 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #501 ·
how about niche 19" verona in gloss black. on a deep crystal blue 6. thinking about getting these wheels soon
I'll see if I can get to it either today or tomorrow :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Byakuya, can't thank you enough for making this thread and dedicating your time to give us all a nice visual on the different wheels... so I have a favor to ask. Can you please add one more to the list?? lol.

I'd love to see my Dark Blue Mica lowered (roughly 1.75"?) on stock OEM but powdercoated in a Matte bronze and a gloss one. Can you do different shades too? I know its a bit much to ask but in case you were bored...

·
Super Moderator
18,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #503 ·
Byakuya, can't thank you enough for making this thread and dedicating your time to give us all a nice visual on the different wheels... so I have a favor to ask. Can you please add one more to the list?? lol.

I'd love to see my Dark Blue Mica lowered (roughly 1.75"?) on stock OEM but powdercoated in a Matte bronze and a gloss one. Can you do different shades too? I know its a bit much to ask but in case you were bored...
Believe it or not, I think I already have all those things ready to go. Unfortunately, they're on my work computer so I won't be able to get to them until tomorrow most likely.

Also, a warning about "gloss black" on the OEM rims (well any really if they don't come in that color), gloss is VERY difficult to simulate on something that doesn't have it already - so take my renderings with a grain of salt, so-to-speak :)

I'll reply to this and mention you so you get an email when it's all set.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Byakuya, thanks for the quick response! Quick note, I'm not sure if I misspoke but I was referring to different shades/finishes of the same color, a Matte & Gloss Bronze. Hope this isn't much trouble, thx again in advance!

·
Super Moderator
18,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #505 ·
Byakuya, thanks for the quick response! Quick note, I'm not sure if I misspoke but I was referring to different shades/finishes of the same color, a Matte & Gloss Bronze. Hope this isn't much trouble, thx again in advance!
Gotcha - Again, it's quite difficult with these little images to properly showcase the difference between matte and gloss. Here's a quick rendering....

Gloss

Matte

I've found it's easiest if you open the two images individually in separate tabs, then go back and forth between the tabs to tell the small differences.

·
Super Moderator
18,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #507 ·
It's been awhile, you still doing this? Lol.
Yup! I try to get them done ASAP when someone asks, otherwise I get side-tracked and end up forgetting.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yup! I try to get them done ASAP when someone asks, otherwise I get side-tracked and end up forgetting.
Dope, so can you do:

RSR R702 Silver
Asanti ABL-14 Brushed Silver
Asanti ABL-20 Gloss Black
Strada Wheels Sega Chrome
Strada Wheels Formula Silver w/ Brushed Face

All 20" on a black 3rd gen with dark tint.
Sorry, kind of a long list but thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
18,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #509 ·
Dope, so can you do:

RSR R702 Silver
Asanti ABL-14 Brushed Silver
Asanti ABL-20 Gloss Black
Strada Wheels Sega Chrome
Strada Wheels Formula Silver w/ Brushed Face

All 20" on a black 3rd gen with dark tint.
Sorry, kind of a long list but thanks in advance!
Did my best - some of those are basically impossible to find a decent straight-on image of, and I don't have enough time to play with distorting side-profile ones. Not to mention Strada's website seems to be down completely. So please excuse the terribleness of a couple of them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Did my best - some of those are basically impossible to find a decent straight-on image of, and I don't have enough time to play with distorting side-profile ones. Not to mention Strada's website seems to be down completely. So please excuse the terribleness of a couple of them.

Either way, I'm debating between these 3 and those came out good photoshop-wise, so thanks. Btw, what are your 2-cents out of these?:grin2: Atm, I'm leaning towards the RSR's..

·
Registered
782 Posts
Byakuya, could you Photoshop the 2014-2017.5 19" silver OEM wheels on a 2018 model? I'm curious if the refreshed model would look better with the older wheels. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
18,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #512 ·
Byakuya, could you Photoshop the 2014-2017.5 19" silver OEM wheels on a 2018 model? I'm curious if the refreshed model would look better with the older wheels. Thank you!
Hmmm. The side-profile shot I have for the 'default' renderings I do might not give you enough info. Let me go try something....

·
Super Moderator
18,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #513 ·
@TitaniumVT Here ya go - I love the OEM 2014-2017 GT Rims.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Thank you @Byakuya - I love the 2014-2017 OEM wheels as well. To my eyes, the new car looks so much better with the older rims. They're really inexpensive and widely available. If I had a 2018 model, this would be my first upgrade.

Thanks for creating the Photoshop, and for doing it on a 3/4 view - it gives me a much better sense of what they would look like.

·
Super Moderator
18,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #516 · (Edited)
@mazda6swede sorry for the late response - With a quick search, i could only find an adequate photo of a red wagon. Also, rims like the XXR 550s are hard to work with on smaller scales, so they don't show up quite as well as they could with a larger image.

@rotaryrules1987 Here you go, plus a bonus Gunmetal :)

------------- Lowered --------------

·
Super Moderator
18,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #518 ·
Could you do 20" Silver Niche Surge on a black 3rd gen with dark tint? One regular then one with 1" drop. Thanks.
Here ya go!

OEM:

Lowered:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey

Could you please do the ferrada fr2 wheel in the matte bronze with the black lip on my reflux mica blue 2017 Mazda 6. OEM and lowerd 1 inch plz. Thank you so much

·
Super Moderator
18,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #520 ·
Hey

Could you please do the ferrada fr2 wheel in the matte bronze with the black lip on my reflux mica blue 2017 Mazda 6. OEM and lowerd 1 inch plz. Thank you so much
Sorry, was on a short hiatus - here ya go!

501 - 520 of 542 Posts